Interruptions Galore!

(Writer's note: This fanfic story is NOT suited for readers below 16 yrs of age. It contains mild sexual content. Readers discretion is advised)

"...heart button se "like" karte hai tweet....aur kuch bolna hai... bubble..." Anuj's voice drifted in and out as Anu struggled to concentrate on his words. Her eyes kept darting from his moving lips, 2 day old stubble (which was a rare sight) to his mole that kept disappearing into the crease near his lips as he spoke; down to his shirt which as usual was unbuttoned at the top.

Standing next to the projector screen which was currently showing their company twitter page, her husband, with his hands on his hips was proving to be a huge distraction. The bamboo venetian blinds in his cabin had been drawn shut but tiny slivers of the afternoon sun poured in and fell over him highlighting his best features. He could easily become one of those fashion influencers Mukku followed on Instagram, Anu thought. She quickly straightened up as she saw Anuj snapping his fingers trying to get her attention.

"Tumhara dhyaan kahan hai Anu? Hume ek hafte me restaurant ke liye twitter page kholna hai! Aur tumhe Kavya ke saath isko handle karna hai. So please mere upar dhyaan do!" Anuj exclaimed. "Yahi toh problem hai Anuujjj! Aapse dhyaan hi nahi hatt raha... Pleej don't mind haan?" Anu finished by imitating him. Anuj was a bit thrown off by this flirty comment. Anu had always been professional at work, so much so that when he'd try to flirt, she'd give him an exasperated look and ignore the comment until they were back home. Had Anu been this bold any other day, he might have immediately taken an early lunch with her but he had to finish teaching Anu the basics of using twitter. Reining in his thoughts he replied, "Biwi focus! Sirf ek hafta bacha hai launch ke liye! Kanhaji! Is ladki ka me kya karoon?" Prompt came her reply: "Jo bhi mann me aaye kar sakte ho!" She looked at him as if she were daring him. She was feeling uncharacteristically playful. Anuj crossed his arms and smirked. He walked closer to where she was seated and leaned forward with his hands on the couch facing her. "Fine. Tumhe khelne ka mann hai aur mujhe yeh sab tumhe padhana hai. Toh ek kaam karte hai. Meine do gante se jo bhi padhaya hai, uspe sawaal poochunga. Agar tumne sahi jawaab diya, toh mein ek button kholunga. Aise chalta rahega jab tak...." Anuj raised an eyebrow shrugging, and Anu blushed understanding that if she was a good student she was going to get a strip show courtesy her husband. "Par! Agar tumne galat jawaab diya toh jo bhi button/ zip/ knot meine last khola us action undo ho jaayega. Okay?" "Thik che" Anu replied unable to control her giggle.

"Toh mohtarma, uthiye aur projector screen ke paas jayiye. Screen pe mujhe dikhayiye: Agar ek naya tweet karna hai toh kaunsa button click karenge aap?" Anuj moved to the couch Anu had previously occupied and sat down, leaning back and crossing his leg over his knee giving her a good view. Anu glanced at him blushing, trying to collect her thoughts. This was tougher than she had anticipated. She closed her eyes to keep Anuj from distracting her - he was already smirking; and focused on what he had taught. Common sense he had mentioned - every icon was logically assigned to the purpose they served. Glancing at the page, her eyes scanned all of the imagery in front of her from top to bottom. Spotting the white feather at the bottom she paused and hesitantly pointed at it. Anuj looked at her for a moment with one eyebrow raised, his lips pursed and then reached and undid his second button, his eyes on Anu.

Anu turned a deep shade of red unable to look at him while he rewarded her. She glanced up and slowly turned to look at her husband who was struggling to control his laugh at his wife's discomfort. Most often than not Anu still blushed like a newlywed who was looking at her husband for the first time in private. "Chalo, next question - Kisi ke tweet pe reply karna ho toh kaise karte hai?"

********************

Kavya tapped her feet impatiently as she waited for the call to connect. A tiny beep indicated the same, and she sat up straight as Anuj's confused face showed up on screen. "Hey! What's up? You're up late!" he said as soon as she came into focus. It was Kavya's turn to look confused, "Yeah... ummm" she looked at Anuj who was bare-chested & squinted as she searched the dark unlit background, "Are you still at home? Isn't it 10AM?" "Nahi nahi, I'm in office! Cabin me..." Anuj replied having forgotten he wasn't wearing a shirt. "What?" Kavya's eyes went wide and then narrow as her confusion turned into anger for she had assumed the worst, "You men! Tum sab ek jaise ho! Kaun hai... wait mein abhi Anupama ko phone lagati hoon. Zara bhi akal hai ki nahi..." Kavya turned away from her iPad looking for her phone. "Kavya! Mein yahan hoon!" Anu, realizing the assumption Kavya had landed on, had come running to peer into Anuj's phone screen. Anu wasn't sure if she should feel amused at the indignation Kavya was showing or happy in a way that Kavya's first response on assuming her bff was cheating, had been to call his wife. "Jai Sri Krishna Kavya." Anu smiled apologetically, while shoving the discarded shirt onto Anuj's lap. Face palming himself, he quickly put the shirt back on, thankful that nothing else had been discarded... yet.