[𝟓.] 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐇𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐭

_______ 🐯 _______         MK sighed in defeat, his shoulders sagging as his spirit waned

_______ 🐯 _______

MK sighed in defeat, his shoulders sagging as his spirit waned. He aimed to learn more about Zhangzhao, a former close companion of Sun Wukong. He pondered why Zhangzhao avoided discussing Sun Wukong—was there something deeper to their relationship? Despite his efforts, he couldn't get Zhangzhao to open up. Nonetheless, he decided to remain in the hangar for one last attempt to explore the area.

"Hey, Zhangzhao?"

The man responded with a hum, his attention firmly fixed on tightening some loose screws in the car's engine.

"You wouldn't mind if I... explore around and take some—"

"Taking pictures are prohibited in this area, MK. I don't make the rules here."
He interrupted.

Zhangzhao leaned over the open hood, his hands deftly maneuvering the wrenches and tools around the car engine. Each bolt and nut was tightened with precision, his expertise evident in every movement. With a final adjustment, he lifted the engine carefully, guiding it back into its compartment with practiced ease.
Once the engine was securely in place, Zhangzhao stepped back, letting out a sigh of relief. He wiped a bead of sweat from his forehead, satisfied with the job well done.

"Woah! You're really good at fixing things."

That was a near heart attack experience, and it was enough to cause a fright on the poor man.

"Explore somewhere else, kid. There's some things I need to do."
The Russian-Chinese said as he moved away from the area to retreat to a nearby corner out of the teen's sight.

MK nodded eagerly and started running around the hangar like an unsupervised child. In a corner, the Russian-Chinese man slumped onto a nearby stool, feeling exhausted and weary as the exertions of the last hour's sparring session caught up with him. It had been a thousand years since he had fought with his bare hands, relying on his raw strength and quick strategizing to counter moves. He remembered those moments vividly—a memory that was never truly his.

He closed his eyes, thinking a brief nap wouldn't harm him, and so, he did.

The realm of dreams enveloped him once more, pulling him back into the familiar vision.
In this dreamscape, a peaceful village appeared, where his previous self had tirelessly strived to become a great general, devoted to protecting the mortals below.
War was a common sight to see, and Zhangzhao knew that his previous self faced these conflicts with unwavering courage, a steadfast determination, and a heart of gold.
Yet, as his dream faded into the abyss, he questioned to himself, if he could ever live a normal life untainted by the shadows of his past.

____________________________

‼️This chapter has been rewritten for the sole purpose of renewing the plot of this story.

I would like to advise readers, -who had been reading this book for a few months-, to reread the newer version of this book.
As always, thank you for reading this book and making it this far to witness its progress.

There'll be more to come during the next updates (⁠~⁠ ̄⁠³⁠ ̄⁠)⁠~