001

𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟖 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟒ᴍᴀᴅᴍᴀx

𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟖 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟒
ᴍᴀᴅᴍᴀx

                𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄, tapping the tune of Piano Man playing from her Walkman onto her thigh. The young girl looked up when hearing the familiar car approaching.

      "How long have you been waiting?"

      The girl stood up, dusting the dirt of her dress before walking over to the car. "Not long. I wanted to make sure you weren't waiting." Juliette spoke with a smile, getting into the passenger car.

    "And I said I don't mind if I wait. It's better then you getting sick and me having to bring over soup." He shook his head, pulling back onto the road. "It's fine, Stevie." The young girl chuckled under her breath, putting her Walkman into her backpack.

     The Harrington boy sighed, a small smile on his face. "What song are you listening to now?" He glanced over to her then back to the road, his arm resting on the window seal.

     "Billy Joel, Piano Man."

      "Oh, the one I gave you. Have you listened to the others yet?" Steve had given a bunch of old cassettes and vinyl's to her a week ago. Without telling her, he had brought some new ones he knew she'd enjoy. "I've listened to the David Bowie ones so far but I love them. Thank you."

      "No problem. You have money for the arcade?"

     "Yep. Dory gave me some and I've saved up from babysitting Noah next door."

      Steve and Juliette had met on accident. Well on accident after the whole El, Will, Upside Down, Demogorgon incident. Since then he had become a big brother to her. Steve would drive her places, drop her at school, and even after her bike broke Steve fixed it for her after dropping her off home.

     Juliette didn't have parents. She had been in Foster care since she could remember. When she arrived at Hawkins a while back, she met the party. Juliette had saw them playing D&D and snuck up behind them, telling them that if they were to chose a certain move that they'd die. Mike, of course, didn't listen and then ended up dying in the game. Since then, Juliette Amour was known as Buttercup in D&D and Lu to the party.

    She resided with her foster guardian, Doris Smith, also known as Dory. Dory's an older woman. After her husband past, she decided to foster a child since she never had any of her own. Juliette had been with her for the last two years.

     It didn't take long until the teenager pulled into the parking lot of the arcade, coming to a stop. "I'll be back in two hours. You ask Keith for the phone to call me if you need to. Okay?" Steve turned to her once stationary. Juliette smiled and nodded to him. "Yes. And if he declines I say 'I know Steve Harrington and he'll come kick your ass'." Steve chuckled under his breath.