𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 24

{𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 | 𝘌𝘭𝘪𝘫𝘢𝘩 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘰𝘯}

————

Rosalie's pov ~

My arms wrapped around Marcels body, holding him in a tight hold. I've been surrounded by the loss of people close to me since before I became a vampire. But marcel not so much, Davina was like his daughter. He was still grieving.

"The guilt you carry for Davina's death is not yours to carry. Her death was inevitable." I brushed my hand along his back, feeling his muscles tense.

"We could of found a way." he spoke angerly. I exhaled quietly, reaching over to the bar cart to refill his drink.

I pushed the glass towards him. "You can sit here for hours and think of the things you could of done differently, but it'll never bring her back." I told him as sincerely as I could.

Marcel went on to reply, but at the same time, klaus stomped into the room, rolling his eyes at the sight of Marcel wallowing away. "Ugh, is this what's it's come to? I bear the full weight of our kingdom while you pout like a child."

"Give him a break, klaus." I huffed.

Marcel didn't move from his seat. "You wanted to be king. Besides, you look like you got it covered." he shrugged. 

klaus raised his finger, pointing at Marcel angerly. "If the men see you shirk your duties, they're likely to do the same."

He sat forward on his seat with his drink in his hand. "I told you, I am not in the mood for vampire hijinks."

"No. You'd rather sit wallowing in sorrow for your lost little friend." klaus raised his voice as his anger began to rise even more.

Marcel stood up from his seat, raising his voice as he pointed back at klaus. "Don't push me right now!"

"I am sorry Davina is gone, ok? I'm sorry, but this mournful attitude is unworthy of you, and it's boring to me!"

"Shut up!" I burst out, causing them both to break eye contact and look at me. "The both of you just need to shut up, okay?" I spoke a bit quieter.

"Hey, guys, we got a problem." Diego walked into the room with a worried-looking face.

————

Thunder rumbled overhead in the compound courtyard as Diego guided us to the alarming matter that had occurred. "We came to mess with the witches, just like you said."