Chapter 2

Hammord's High was huge. Well, so it was on the outside. As I got out of our Toyota Pilot and approached the school, mom gave me a quick hug and left. I was all alone now. I took a deep breath and entered the lobby.

Hundreds of teenage boys and girls greeted each other with hugs, kisses, shrieks and laughter. I was the only one standing there like and idiot.

Since I didn't know what to do, I decided to go to the front desk and ask the secretary my schedule.

I went up and noticed a woman sitting in front of a computer, casually sipping her coffee and writing something. She was dressed in a black top and ridiculously huge gold hoops. Her brown hair was up in a ponytail. Her tag said "Mrs.Conard".

"Umm...Hi. My name is Jade Black. I'm new here. Could you please give me my schedule?" I took a deep breath. Keep calm. "Oh its you! Hi honey, I'm Mrs. Conard. hold on a sec." Well, that was awkward. "Heeeere you go!" she said with a grin as she handed me the paper. "Thank you very much!" I replied with a tight smile. 

The bell rung and I knew it was time. Time to go in the class and get to know everyone and make new friends.

As I was walking I looked at the paper in my hands. First up was English with Mr. Berns. Then algebra with Mrs. Rowell, and so on and so forth.

Suddenly I started to panic. This school was huge, for freak's sake. Where would I find my classroom?! As smart as I thought I was, I realised I didn't ask Mrs. Conard  for directions. Shit. This was not good. Not at all. In panic I started running around in different directions, trying to find the right classroom. The bell had already rung ten minutes ago. Class was probably in full swing. By now there was no one in the halls.

I was running forward, then turned to the left, praying I made the right decision. Right then I bumped really hard on some clumsy dolt. God! Couln't people be a little careful? I automatically fell on the ground, dropping my Vera Bradley and crumpling my schedule.

"Ow!" I yelled. I was angry. Angry and frustrated. Trying to calm down and breathe, I finally looked up to see who I bumped in to.

Oh. My. God.

It was the cutest boy I have ever seen. He was tall, muscular, with broad sholders and tan skin. He had hazel eyes, flushed pink cheeks with dimples. His eyebrows were thick and brown, just like his messy hair. Messy cute kind of hair.

"Oh my gosh, I'm  sorry. Are you ok?" he asked. With that he offered me his hand.

I stood up quickly and answered him. "Yeah, I guess I am."

"Oh, that's good", he replied. "Are you new here? I dont think i've seen you before." "Yeah, I am. I was just looking for the English classroom and I had trouble finding it." Okay. So this guy was like some major  football player, I guessed.

"I see. Let me help you. It's right down the hall, third classroom to the left. I'm Coal, by the way." He was wearing a brown t-shirt and crisp white shorts with flip-flops.

"Nice to meet you, Coal. I'm Jade", I said with a smile.

He moved in closer to me, we were now inches apart.

"Well, see you," he mumbled.

I nodded and headed towards the classroom, where the teacher was probably ready to tear me appart for being late. Breathing, I went in.