97. Choose Now

'You gave me the seven kingdoms!' Daenerys finished her victory speech the dorthraki went wild. She spoke to her army, cheering them on, shouting for more. 'Will you break the wheel with me?' She questioned as Jon and Tyrion walked cautiously towards her.

'You freed your brother. You committed treason.' Daenerys told Tyrion.

'I freed my brother' Tyrion agreed 'and you slaughtered the city' He took off his pin, his hand of the queen pin and threw it down the steps. All went deadly silent except for the crackle of fire still burning in the distance.

'Take him' Daenerys told her unsullied. Tyrion went with them willingly

++++++

'Did you bring any wine?' Tyrion questioned

'No' jon told him.

'Well... thank you for coming to see me.'

'Odie wanted to come, but I told her it wasn't safe.' Jon admitted.

'Well, she is a sweet girl...' Tyrion admitted. he would rather his last conversation be with Odetta than jon but he wasn't going to be picky. He was to be killed after all. 'Our queen doesn't keep prisoners for long. I suppose there's a crude kind of justice, I betrayed my closest friend and watched him burn now Daenerys is going to turn me to ashes...' tyrion told him. 'It just occurred to me I'm talking to the only man alive that knows where I'm going. So is there life after death?'

'Not that I've seen' jon told him

'I should be thankful that it's the best I could hope for, I strangled my lover, I shot my father with a crossbow and I betrayed my queen.' tyrion reminded him

'You didn't'

'I did. And I would do it again now that I've seen what I've seen I chose my fate... the people of Kings Landing did not.' Tyrion reminded him.

'I cannot justify what happened I won't try' Jon told him 'but the war is over now'

'Is it? When you heard her talking to her soldiers did she sound like someone who is done fighting?' Tyrion asked he stood up 'she liberated the people from slavers bay, she liberated the people of kings landing she will go on liberating until the people of the world are free. And she rules through the ashes of all of it.'

'And you have been by her side counseling her through all of it, until today.' Jon reminded him

'Until today. Varys was right, I was wrong, it was vanity to think I could help her. Our Queens nature is fire and blood.' Tyrion informed him.

'Then I would be fire and blood to' Jon said 'she is no more her father then you are yours' But jon didn't believe the words himself as he said them. Daenerys was like her father.

'My father was an evil man, my sister was an evil woman, of all the bodies of all the people they've ever killed will not be the same as our beautiful queen killed in a single day.' tyrion reminded him

'they left her no choice' jon tried but he knew that was a lie.

'The moment they fell the battle was over' Tyrion reminded him.

'She saw her friend beheaded she saw her dragons shot out of the sky' Jon reminded him

'And she burned a city for it!' tyrion snapped. 'Would you have done it? You've been up there on a dragons back you have had that power would you have burn the city down?' tyrion questioned

'I don't know' Jon answered

'Yes you do, you won't say because you don't want to betray her to her,' tyrion told him 'but you know.'

'It does not matter what I would do' jon told him.

'It matters more than anything' tyrion told him. 'When she murdered the slavers no one but the slavers complained when she crucified hundreds of nobles, who could argue they were evil men the dorthraki she burned alive, they would've done worse to her... everywhere she goes evil men die and we cheer her on for it. And she grows more powerful and more sure that she is good and right. She believes her destiny is to build a better world for everyone we believed that. If you believed that... Wouldn't you kill whatever stood between you in paradise?' Jon sat down unable to look tyrion the eyes. 'I think I loved her and I believed in her with all my heart. Love is more powerful than reason. We all know that look at my brother.' Tyrion added, he died in Cerseis grasp. Still a fool for her after all she had done.

'Love is the death of duty.' Jon told him

'You just came up with that?" tyrion questioned impressed.

'Measter Aemond said it a long time ago.' Jon said remembering.

'Sometimes duty is the death of love' Tyrion counted 'you are the shield that guards the realms of men you've always tried to do the right thing no matter the cost'. Tyrion took a deep breath. 'Do you think I'm the last man she will execute? Who is more dangerous than the rightful heir of the iron throne?'

'That is her decision she is the queen' Jon reminded him 'I'm sorry it came to this...'

'And your sisters. Do you see them bending the knee?' tyrion questioned, 'Odetta? She is a fierce and beautiful woman who holds your heart... do you think Daenerys will want Odetta around when she has been trying to woe you into her bed?'

'How did you-'

'Daenerys wants things her way, she destroys thigns, people, building, cities that stand in her way.' Tyrion reminded him.

'My sisters will be loyal to our queen' jon said but he didn't believe it. They had already made their opinion of daenerys very clear. 'Odie and I will sail away after this, daenerys will never see us again.' Jon added. That was the plan, leave all this behind but could he really elave his sisters and brother under a tyrant like Daenerys?

'Why do you think Sansa told me about you? because she does not want daenarys to be queen.' Tyrion reminded him.

'She does not get to choose' jon told him hopelessly.

'No but you do. And you have to choose now' Tyrion warned him.