Love Notes

You walked to your locker, dreading another dull day at Hawkins High. Champs of '86. Jason Carver was going around making sure to let everyone, and everyone know that the Hawkins Tigers were no wussies. They were the winners. But today you hadn't seen hide nor hair of any of the basket ball players, or as your boyfriend Eddie put it, "balls into laundry baskets". He was an avid Dungeons and Dragons player and hated everything about basketball. So you made it a point not to bring it up around him.
You opened your locker and a little slip of paper fell out. Something from your friend Dustin, perhaps? Eddie's final DnD match as Dungeon Master was tonight so maybe it was a covert note telling you where to meet. As his girlfriend you attended every match. You turned over the slip of paper and read it.
My princess, my lovely Y/n,
I know it's been hard for you having that idiot Jason in your class especially since we're now the champs. Hooray. Just wanted to let you know that I love you to the moon and back.
Your freak, Eddie (*^3^)/~♡
You laughed at his little face he drew. You began to pin the note in your locker next to the Polaroid picture of Eddie and you together when you felt a strong pair of arms wrap around you from behind. "Guess who?" You heard Eddie say. You turned in his arms and planted a kiss on his cheek. "Thanks for the note, Eddie. It's quite unbearable, Jason being right next to me," you rolled your eyes.
"He should really learn to keep things to himself."
"Really?" You laughed, kissing him again. Eddie returned the kiss on your forehead and got your books for first period and shut your locker. "Did you even look?" You asked sternly. "Did you forget that we have first period together?"
"Did you do the homework last night?"

"Eddie?"

Eddie bit his lip and looked down at the ground. You slapped his arm playfully and took your books from him. "Let me copy? She doesn't check until the end of class!" He pleaded. "No! I'm finally saying no!" You laughed. Eddie pulled his infamous Munson puppy eyes. They always worked on you. "Oh, fine. But you better buy me a New Coke later from Melvald's."