𝟬𝟬𝟰 𝗋𝖾𝖻𝖾𝗅 𝗍𝗋𝗈𝗎𝖻𝗅𝖾

REBEL SUN      ╱      CONRAD FISHER꒷꒦ · ˚

REBEL SUN ╱ CONRAD FISHER
꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by ella . . . © -lostgardens
chapter 004 ━━━━━━ ❛ rebel trouble ❜

"Officers, thank you," Laurel said with a tight smile on her face

"Officers, thank you," Laurel said with a tight smile on her face. She stood in the foyer, staring at the two officers that had brought the teenagers home from the bonfire that she didn't know three of six were going to. "It won't happen again; I can promise you that much," she assured. It was safe to say that she hadn't been too pleased when they showed up at the front door with the teenagers she was supposed to be caring for.

Amber sat next to Conrad on the bench, since they were the most intoxicated, and Belly, Jeremiah, Steven, and Aiden all stood with guilty looks clouding their expression. They knew once the officers left, Laurel would rip into them, and none of them knew if they wanted the officers to leave so that they could get it over with or if they wanted them to overstay their welcome so they could prolong the wait.

"Tell Mr. Fisher the chief wants to set up a tee time when he gets back in town," one of the officers told her.

"Absolutely." Laurel nodded, sending them a sweet, don't-arrest-my-kids-please smile. "Sorry again for all of the trouble." She showed them the door. "Have a good night, officers," she added, as they exited. Then she wasted no time closing the door and turning to face the teens.

They all shuddered under her heated gaze. She looked so pissed, and that made them nervous. Of course they were nervous. Laurel was not a woman you wanted to mess with when she was angry or disappointed.

"How could you guys be so irresponsible?" Laurel placed her hands on her hips, letting out a sigh. "Especially you, Amber," she added, giving the blonde a disappointed and slightly annoyed look. "Just earlier today, I was talking to Susannah about how you're such a good and responsible kid; how you're the prime example of what a mother wants her kid to be like."

Amber sighed. She hadn't known why, but that compliment had not made her feel good at all. She never wanted to be expected to act perfectly; she wanted to be able to make mistakes without feeling like hell had frozen over. She didn't meet Laurel's eyes, nor did she mutter a word. But Steven did.