Uno

"Hey what's this?" Sammy said while turning over a black box.

   "Oh that's just a card game, I guess I must have brought it" Mae said, while grabbing the box from Sammy.

   "OO can we play?" Sammy said while jumping up in the air.

   "Uh.. I've never played 'uno'.." Yaz said as she looked at the title from the box.

   "It's fine, I'm sure if you watched us play a game and read the instructions you would get the hang of it" Mae said, sitting down.

   "oo, back at home me and my brother played this all the time!! I know how to shuffle" Darius said sitting not far across from Mae.

   "Here you go then! You can be the dealer" Mae said.

  Everyone else soon sat down. It went ( clockwise ): Darius, Yaz, Sammy, Kenji, Mae, Brooklyn, and Ben. Darius shuffled the deck then began to pass out seven cards to each player, except for Yaz. Yaz was fine for watching the first game and reading the instructions.

   "Okay Sammy, you are from the left of me so you get to go first." Darius said, putting the first card down. It was a 5 red.

   "Aw man, no Reds" Sammy said as she drew a card from the deck. "Aint really a great start"

   "Okay, Kenjis turn" Kenji said, while putting down a reverse red. "Let's have the lovely lady go again"

   "Ah shucks, how sweet of you." Sammy said while rolling her eyes and drawing another card.

   "Okay my turn" Darius said as he looked at his cards. He mumbled to himself before putting down a 2 red.

   "well how sweet of you" Ben said as he put down a 2 blue.

   There wasn't a lot of talking besides small comebacks.

   Brooklyn put down a +2 blue, making Mae draw Two.

   "Sammy I'm sure you'd love to stop drawing, right?" Kenji said as he held a card above his head.

   "THAT BETTER NOT BE A RED KENJI" Sammy shouted, dropping a card in the process. Nobody was able to see what it was though because Yaz catches it mid air.

   Kenji started bursting out laughing as he placed down a +2 red.

   "HA!" Sammy shouted, placing down another +2, but it was yellow. "Sorry Darius, but Draw four!"

   Darius looked over at the stack of cards, then at Sammy, and finally at Ben.

   Ben did a simple nod, assuming Darius had a +2 too.

   "Wait what's with those faces.." Brooklyn said. "PLEASE TELL ME YOUR JOKING" she screamed.

   "+6 BEN!" Darius shouted, slamming the card into the pile.

   Ben started bursting out laughing. He couldn't even stop himself to grab his card.

   "YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!" Brooklyn yelled.

   "Pl- Plus BAHGA PLUS 8 BROOKLYN" Ben laughed as he placed down another +2 in green.

   Everyone was laughing but Brooklyn, as she picked up eight cards.

   Mae placed down a 6 green.

—— for y'all to catch up

Mae 8
Sammy 8
Brooklyn 14
Darius 5
Kenji 5
Ben 5

   "Reverse" kenji shouted as he placed down a green reverse.

   "Oh why thank you" Mae said as she placed down a yellow reverse.