Chapter 18 - Happy

Bea's POV

I didn't even look up as they left.

I slide down the wall feeling so broken and defeated. I knew this would happen. It was all too good to be true.

The tears stream down my face as flashes of the last few weeks went through my mind.

Lies.

All lies.

The next few days I did nothing but wallow in my sorrows. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep. I don't even think I showered. All I did was drink. It was the only thing that made me feel, anything.

I'm sitting on the couch flipping through the channels. I'm not watching anything, but the background sound keeps me calm.

I finally settle on playing ghost adventures and as I go to take a sip of my beer only to have a single drop come out.

"Ubos na naman?" I sigh tossing the bottle to the side and hoisting myself up to grab another.

I stumble into the kitchen and as I open the fridge to grab another beer, I hear keys in the door. As I turn around, I have to cover my eyes as Jho walks in letting the sun rays shine in behind her.

I don't think I've even opened the blinds in days so the sudden light instantly gives me a migraine.

"Could you shut the goddamn door?! Jesus." She shuts it and struts over to me looking at me as if I've lost my mind.

"Umm sino sa tingin mo ang kausap mo?" My eyes get big as reality sets in and I'm actually a bit fearful.

I've never raised my voice at Jhoana because she gets a little feisty sometimes. When she's mad her Batanguena side comes out and boy is it scary.

"Sira na ata ang ulo mo para magmukmok dito for days on end but I'll help you find it real quick!"

Now any other day, I feel like a child being scolded. I lower my head and nod taking every word she throws at me. Once she's done with her rant I peek an eye open and see her standing with her arms crossed. I try my best to seem okay but I can't hide the pain.

She sighs and her voice softens as she gently grabs my face looking over me. "You really need to get it together babe. You're losing yourself in here."

I smile a little at her concern. No matter what, she's always been there for me, even without me asking. I should've at least gone to her at some point but I was so caught up in my own head this whole time.

"I'm sorry for keeping you in the dark Jho. I just...I didn't know what to do." I sigh leaning against the counter trying to hold in the tears that are starting to form.

I'm surprised I have any tears left to cry. I feel like all I've done is cry and drink, cry and drink.

When I'm not drinking I instantly think about Caitlin and everything hurts all over again.

A tear streams down my cheek and Jho gently brushes it away. "Hey hey, it's okay."

She kisses my cheek and pulls on my arm.

"Tara, kailangan mo ng sariwang hangin." She drags me over to the door and I barely have a chance to put some slides on before we're out the door. I raise my free hand up to my eyes to block the sun.

I have to blink a few times in order to adjust and when I look around everything looks so...different.

The grass looks greener, the sky looks bluer, everything seems so bright and free. I'm a little embarrassed because all I'm wearing is sweats and a t-shirt but Jho insists it's fine.