Cancer

Harmony's sweet sixteen was no doubt the best any kid who was raised in her situation could have. Everyone that worked with her parents threw her a huge party at her dad's work also some of the dancers from her mom's work came as well. Most of her gifts were stolen no doubt but it's the thought that counts.

Her dad got her a super cool helmet and her mom got her some black diamond lipstick that Harmony tried on right away and loved.

She couldn't help but chuckle as her dad got teary-eyed that she was getting older. Harmony grew up to be very beautiful but everyone knew not to touch her unless they wanted to deal with her parents who have no problem with murder. Some sixteen-year-olds get cars for their sweet sixteen but since she can teleport she didn't ask for one, instead she got a bar full of drunk killers and strippers who honestly did put a lot of thoughts into her gifts and she felt lucky. She had great parents who always make sure she doesn't think they were boring, a whole bar that would kill for her, and cheap presents that she now has to make room for in her small bedroom.

But as her dad once told her. Life is an endless series of train-wrecks with only a brief commercial-like break of happiness, she didn't know just how right he was until Christmas.

She was in her room finishing the last touches of her parent's gifts. She rolled her eyes at hearing her parents talking about how much they love each other and her dad using his gross humor but she would rather hear that than her parents fighting which they never do.

"WADE!!" She heard her mom scream. "Oh my god WADE!"

Harmony groaned. "Where are my headphones?"

"HARMONY!"

Harmony paused now scared, they would never call her name during their time alone that's how she knew it was serious. Harmony ran right out of her room breaking her door as she ran up to see her dad on the floor and her mom trying to wake him up. "What happened?!"

"I don't know." Her mom cried. "He just fell over."

Harmony quickly put her dad's arm around her shoulders and teleported the three of them to a hospital. "HELP!! MY DAD NEEDS HELP!"

Harmony and Vanessa stayed in the hospital all night worried. Wade and Vanessa stopped doing drugs when they got Harmony so they knew that wasn't it.

Vanessa wouldn't stop hugging Harmony close to her with worry.

"Dad's gonna be ok mom. He has to be." Harmony tried to assure her even though she wasn't so sure herself.

She was hoping that maybe her dad just drank some bad eggnog but never once did she think about her dad, the bravest man she knows would have stage four cancer.

Wade has his wife and daughter each at his side holding one of his hands. Vanessa tried to keep a brave face but Harmony broke down sobbing, her dad was dying and there was nothing she can do.

Her mom was thinking of what she can do to help him her dad would just stare at his wife and daughter memorizing their faces, only he didn't want to remember Harmony's tear-stained face, he wanted to remember the girl he found that day he and Vanessa took in, the one that suddenly burst into flames when the stove turned on, and the one that smiled at him whenever he came home from work.

That night was the first night she heard her parents fight.

"You belong here at home with your wife and daughter!" Vanessa snapped at him.

"I'm not gonna let you and Harmony watch me die!"

Of course, they made up in a matter of seconds but it still didn't change that her dad had cancer and knowing him he was gonna do something rash.