Taken

Harmony woke up that night to the sounds of thunder and looked out to see it was storming outside. She decided to go check on her dad only to find he was sitting by the window watching the storm.

"Dad?" Harmony whispered softly since her mom was asleep only a few feet away.

Wade waved her over to him and had her sit on his lap as they watched the storm together. "I had a Liam Neeson nightmare. I dreamt you were kidnapped like his daughter and I just wasn't having it."

"Oh yeah?" Harmony asked as she lay against his chest just enjoying this moment.

"Yeah, you know they made three of those movies. At some point, you have to wonder if he's just a bad parent."

Harmony lightly chuckled before a tear escaped from her eye. Who is going to make her laugh like this when he's gone? The three of them always solve their problems and hide their fears or problems with a sense of humor, but there was nothing funny about this situation no matter how many jokes her dad makes.

Wade played with his daughter's warm blue hair remembering the warm and comforting feel of it. The worst part about cancer isn't what it does to you, but what it does to the people you love. He wasn't willing to save his life but he was willing to save his wife and daughters from the pain of having him gone and that's why he left.

When Harmony woke up her dad was gone and her mom was sitting on the couch crying.

"Mom?" Harmony asked.

"He's gone, he took his stuff." Vanessa sobbed.

Harmony fully woke up and looked around the room to see her dad's stuff was in fact gone. "Where?"

"I don't know." Vanessa cried.

Harmony quickly got up and gathered some things she'll need. "I'm going to find him."

"How?" Vanessa asked.

"I'll check every hospital and bar from here to Europe if I have to, I'll find him."

Harmony ran into every single hospital and bar in the city showing the staff her dad's picture. "Have you seen my dad Wade Wilson? He has cancer and I'm hoping he checked in." She would tell the front desks but they would all just tell her they haven't seen him, but she wasn't giving up. Harmony knows her dad and she knows he would be out trying to find a way to cure his cancer for hers and her mom's sake so besides a hospital where else would he go?

"Dad where are you?" Harmony said as she looked at his picture only to turn around as a building suddenly caught on fire. "What the?" Harmony quickly teleported to it to see so many people strapped in beds. Harmony quickly used her powers of controlling fire to make it back away from the people as she unstrapped them.

"Harmony?!"

Harmony paused as she heard that name in the voice she's been hoping to hear for weeks. "DAD?!" Harmony ran deeper into the fire and screamed at the horrifying sight. A man all burned up, covered in scars, and a long piece of metal right through his back and chest trapping him to the floor.

"Harmony! It's me!"

"DAD?!" Harmony ran to him and held his face in her hands to see her dad's hair was gone and his face was deformed.

"Harmony I'm fine."

"FINE!" Harmony screamed. "YOU HAVE A LONG STICK OF METAL PINNING YOU TO THE FLOOR!" Harmony let go of him and grabbed the metal using her strength to pull it out of him.

"Wade?" Someone harshly gasped.

"Help him please Harmony." Wade told her.

Harmony snapped her fingers and the man disappeared. "I sent him to the hospital, now let's get you there."

"No Harmony, look." Wade showed her that there wasn't a trace of that metal being in him anywhere.

"How?" Harmony gasped.

"I'm a mutant now." Wade explained. "This is a trap to lore dying people into experimenting them to turn into mutants. I can't be killed just like you."

"So wait... Your cancer does that mean?"

"It's gone."