PROLOGUE

ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

"It's getting busy- IT'S GETTING BUSY PEOPLE!" Consuelo's raspy voice yelled over the clacking of pots and pans, the sizzling of the Mexican cuisine cooking on the restaurant's stove and the air smelled of all sorts of flavors mixing in together, ...

"It's getting busy- IT'S GETTING BUSY PEOPLE!" Consuelo's raspy voice yelled over the clacking of pots and pans, the sizzling of the Mexican cuisine cooking on the restaurant's stove and the air smelled of all sorts of flavors mixing in together, making the customer's mouths water and stomachs growl as they got impatient for their food.

"ORDER NUMBER 208! 208 COME GET YOUR ENCHILADAS!" She called out to the customers then smiled at the lady who came to the pick-up window, "there you go honey, enjoy! have a wonderful morning-- or" she looked at her watch on her wrist- ten till four, "afternoon! have a wonderful afternoon!" The lady giggled at Consuelo's mistake as she waved goodbye.

"Dios mio! where has time gone to?" she said to herself as it seemed like only thirty minutes ago it was 10 am.

"Stephine! Can you believe it's almost 4?" Consuelo said making her way to the 'order here' window.

Stephine was a gorgeous Afo-Latina woman that had been working with Consuelo for nearly a year now. "I know I almost get to go home!" Stephine smiled, then turned back to the customer.

"well hang in there, five o'clock is coming soon!" she said, "but I gotta get going- I don't wanna be late!" but before Consuelo could leave she heard somebody call her name.

"Chelito! como estas!"

It was Pablo, her neighborhood's grandpa and the restaurant's regular.

"Pablo! Que gusto miralo!" she said, "digame queue le damos? lo de siempre?"

"tu sabes queue si Chelito!" he laughed wholeheartedly placing five dollars and fifty cents on the counter.

"Great!" she said then turned to look at Stephine.

"okay, I'll take care of it, Chelo" she said with a smile. 

"Thank you Steph!" she hugged her and then remembered an order from earlier, "oh Jesus! I forgot about Axel's order!" Consuelo rushed to the kitchen and started to assemble the burrito.