PROLOGUE

Everything felt normal. Everything was normal—until it wasn't. I was packing for the upcoming school year when I heard the familiar pecking of an owl at my window. Pushing the windows out, I let the unfamiliar owl sit on my arm, grabbing the letter from its beak.

𝕸𝖘. 𝕾𝖈𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖊𝖙 𝖁. 𝔔𝖚𝖎𝖓𝖓
𝕲𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉 𝖋𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖗 𝖇𝖊𝖉𝖗𝖔𝖔𝖒
1235 𝖂𝖍𝖎𝖙𝖊 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖓
𝕱𝖑𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖘𝖆𝖓𝖙, 𝕸𝕺

"What the..." I quickly glanced around the room to check for peeping toms, only to come up empty. Letting the owl out the window, I ripped open the letter revealing it's contents. My eyes scanned the page and with each word my eyes grew wide.

"Mom! Can you come down here?!" I directed my eyes back to the letter after hearing my mothers footsteps.

"What is it honey?" I spun around holding the mysterious letter in my hand.

"Why am I getting a letter addressed to me about attending—" my eyes found the page again.

"Hogwarts witchcraft and wizardry? This has to be a mixup I go to Ilvermony in two weeks." My mothers hazel eyes always gave away what she was thinking. There was something she wasn't telling me.

"Caleb! Can you please come downstairs?!"

"Yes my love I'll be right down!" My mother rolled her eyes but couldn't help the smile that rose upon her face.

"What's this about mom?" She played with her fingers. My gaze shot right down to her hands. She's nervous.

"What's wrong love?" His smile dropped when he saw the letter in my hand.

"Oh," my father looked apprehensive about what to say.

"Why don't you sit down Vee?" I shook my head.

"No. Tell me what's going on. Why have I gotten a letter about my acceptance Hogwerth?"

"Hogwarts Vee." He sighed.

"Wait, how do you know about Hogwarts dad?"

"Can you please sit down?" I rolled my eyes but did as he asked. I rose one of my brows telling him to continue.

"Your mother and I have decided—"

"Caleb we both know this was you idea." My mother said pointedly. He looked down at my mother annoyed.

"Well I thought that you should attend your last two years of schooling at Hogwarts which your mother agreed to after hearing about my time there." My dark eyes bounced back and forth between the two. Frustration swelled in my chest.

"And you didn't think to tell me this—I don't know—before I all but packed for Ilvermony?!! Dad I mean come on! All my friends are here, my favorite teachers, you are here!" He sent me a knowing smile. I hate when he does that. It always seems like he knows something I don't.

"I know sweetheart but I really do think this will be a great opportunity for you. You'll get to make new friends and have one of the best experiences of your life. Plus, you can still write to your friends and you'll be back for the holidays." I sighed tugging on one of my braids.

"I don't know dad. I'm really comfortable at the school I'm at now. What if I hate it there?" He smiled sitting down next to me.

"If you hate it, I'll put in your transfer papers back to Ilvermony before you can quodpot." My mother sat on the other side of me leaving me sandwiched between the two.

"From what your dad has told me, there's nothing like it. And think about it, you'll be going to a whole new country making new memories." Thoughts ran through my head. Yes, I would miss my friends terribly and yes I would miss my school and the ocean that came with it. But I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to go to Europe. More specifically, the UK.

"Ok." My dads eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"Ok?"

"Ok. I'll go to Hogwarth," he chuckled.

"Hogwarts dear."

"Right."

Hey lovelies I know you're probably wondering, what happened to the old tunnel vision? Well it needed a reboot cause honestly I didn't like it. Some things will be the same but a lot of it will change. Thank you for reading!

-Autumn