𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖛𝖆𝖓𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖋 𝖌𝖑𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖆 𝖌𝖎𝖇𝖇𝖔𝖓𝖘

█▒ Weekly IssueVol XS, No

█▒ Weekly Issue
Vol XS, No. 57
November 1st, 1985

Cherished Cheerleader Among The
Perished In Mysterious Mall Fire
By Derek Day (News Editor)

A 17-year-old Hawkins student, Glenda Gibbons, is the latest presumed dead after the devastating fire in Starcourt Mall earlier this year, in July

A 17-year-old Hawkins student, Glenda Gibbons, is the latest presumed dead after the devastating fire in Starcourt Mall earlier this year, in July. Although her mother, who works as sixth grade teacher at Hawkins Middle School, Winifred Gibbons is said to have reported her daughter missing three weeks prior to the incident, officials have reason to believe that the teen was among the deceased in the fire, despite the fact that her body remains to be found. When asked to speak with Winifred Gibbons, she refused.

With Glenda's birthday this Halloween, which would have made her 18 years old, and the recent news of her daughter's passing, it is presumed that Mrs. Gibbons may be too distressed to talk.

Locally, an outpour of grief has been displayed for her, including numerous peers who have also been pronounced dead due to the fire. When visiting Hawkins High, the honour student's locker was decorated with many flowers it is clear to see that Glenda had a bright future, and was loved by many at school.

Talking with local authority, officer Calvin Powell, we got more information on the matter. Powell has recently taken over as chief of Hawkins Police Department after, the recently departed, Chief Jim Hopper. Before Gibbons' was announced dead, the case was that of a missing persons, now, upon being questioned about Gibbons' mysterious disappearance, and if the search for her body will continue, he answered, "We have done all we can in conducting the search. Now, we hope we have given the Gibbons' family some kind of closure. This unforeseen tragedy is extraordinarily disheartening, and it is with deep regret that we admit the lost of a young girl."

After the disturbing case of Will Byers, and the mysterious deaths of Barbara Holland and Bob Newby, it is troubling to say that this situation is unsurprising.

Following the revelation of the corrupt inner workings of Hawkins Lab, and its subsequent shutdown, we can only assume that these disastrous events plaguing the town haven't ended with is closure. For more on missing persons, check out The Cutting Edge tonight at 9pm. To report another disappearance, please contact the Police Department below.