Honour and Games

The next morning Elliot left for his work after we had breakfast and I was left home, all alone with my thoughts. Mother had gone to a last-minute meeting with her client who was showing her the site which needed some refurbishing. Dad went to do dad things. Elliot went to his factory.

And I have nowhere to go.

That thought makes me laugh.

Imagine!

In my world, I was the busiest person. If I were to invent a term for myself, I would say 'hustle-a-holic' and now, I was so free.I feel so creative instead of gloomy. It feels like a vacation to me.

I think back to my project of making mini-nuclear reactors and means of cleaner methods of electricity generation. A thought crosses my mind which dampens my mood. Fear of getting deceived and my ideas being stolen by someone, slipping inside my brain. How naive I was, trusting James with my future goals and ambitions. I know he holds reliable information that can crush my dreams if he were to act with ill intentions which I do not doubt that he would.

I know I have been sacked from N.N.P.O. and I no longer owe my allegiance to that institution so it should not be my business to try and find who has been stealing uranium, but I can't help but wonder that the person stealing it as well as the one trying to ruin my life, could be same.

Anybody who is not your friend does not have good intentions for you in their head. Either they have no intentions, or they have ill intentions, it's always one out of them.

It's about time I made a conversation with Mr. Robert Wright. He is my lawyer after all.

For now, I need to work on my true calling, nuclear physics and for that, I require a laptop. Since I had no chance of bringing my belongings along with me, I am left to borrow them from my father.I take my phone out of the pocket of my mid-thigh, muddy brown colored dress shirt that I was wearing. I called him and waited till he picked it up.

"Charlotte?" He greeted me with my name. He's busy. His tone tells me that.

"Dad, I needed a laptop. Is there any that I can use?" I ask him, getting straight to the point.

"Yeah sure. Do you like any of them specifically?" He asked me.

"I don't know a lot about them, dad. I'll be fine with any," I answered him honestly.

"Okay. Tell me what kind of work you want to do?"

"Umm..I'll be using some heavy tech apps on it," I tried to tell him in basic English. I don't think he would understand the scientific terminologies if I started explaining everything to him in detail.

"Would that account for fast work or slow work?"

"Extremely fast," I answered without thinking.

"Alright. Then pick the white Dell Inspiron 15, 5510. It'll be best suited for your work."

"I thought you would tell me to choose Apple," I replied while picking up the laptop from the drawer where Inspiron was written. Geez! Dad names them all!

"Nah. Apple's good. But some features are better in Dell. Enjoy working," he tells me and I hear ruffling on the other side of the phone.

"I see you're busy, dad. I'll leave you to it."

"Yes. If you need any help in working on that laptop, feel free to call me. It's pretty advanced," he offers.

"Thanks, Dad," I say and cut the call.

I snort after ending the call.

If this shit is advanced, he hasn't seen the things that I work with at N.N.P.O.