chapter 3

Maria Pov:

"natasha..?"

I was sure it was her but.. she looked different . Her hair was longer, not its usual bob it was shoulder length, it looked like she had grown atleast 3 inches as she was neally taller than me, her face extreamly pale the only colour on her face was the deep red shade of blood and the most noticeable thing of all her left arm was made of metal.

"natasha is- is that you?" I say with a slight shake in my voice
"who the hell is natasha" she responds, her voice sounding hollow.
"you, you are Natasha Romanoff, Avenger and S.H.E.I.L.D. agent and most importantly my wife" i say staring her in the eyes. She runs up and pins me to the wall " i am not Natasha i am Natalia Romanova and im not a S.H.E.I.L.D. agent im the Winter Soldier " she says through gritted teeth.
"Natasha-Natasha listen to me you where taken five years ago by Hydra on a mission to take them down. You are not the winter soldier you are the Black Widow, the person little girls admire to be, the avenger who saved countless lives and the most loving person on the planet." I say trying to stop tears running down my cheeks "Natasha try to remember please.." "Hey hey try to think of the time when we snuck in tonys lab and hacked into J.A.R.V.I.S and changed his alarm to the 'captain america' song" i say with a smile but she still looks at me with that straight face. It kills me to see her so emotionless, not a sign of any sort of happiness on her face where as before she always had a smile on her face and she always had rosey pink cheeks but now nothing.

Steve POV:

After i take out all the Hydra agents i go upstaris to check on hill sam by my side but as we get closer i signal sam to be quiet as i hear voices. I take a couple more steps so i can hear what they are saying
"-and changed his alarm to the 'captain america' song" i hear maria say. My eyebrown furrow as i know that Natasha and maria did that, but there could be no way that natasha was there as she was taken five years ago without a trace and she was assumed dead. I peak in the room and i see maria pinned against the far wall with a women with red hair and a metal arm holding her there. But i could reconise that arm anywhere.

FLASHBACK

"So rogers you want to join the war?" Bucky questioned as we walked around the stark expo 
"yeah buck im pretty sure- Oooh look at that stand buck its a metal- something" I say with exitememt running over to it.
"it looks like a ..arm?" Bucky said
"yeah its so cool!" I say looking at him. It was silver and at the top it had a red star and it looked awsoume.
"STEVE GET DOWN" bucky yells barging into me. As we fall i see a group of men dressed in black take the arm and get pulled into a helicopter hovering over us.
"its Hydra the enemy, thats who we are fighing in the war "bucky says panicked. I stare at him unable to say anything.

END OF FLASHBACK

Steve POV:

"thats a Hydra wepon" i whisper to sam
"what?" he says confused
"the arm its a hydra wepon it was taken when i was a kid" i state
"wow then it must be old" sam says looking at the two women. I look at him unamused  and draw my wepon and..

BANG

Maria POV:

i look to the side of me and i see a bullet hole, Natasha looks at me and back at the whole in the wall  and then at steve. She lets me go and runs and jumps out the nearest window . I stare at steve
"STEVE WHAT THE FUCK" i yell "I ALMOST HAD HER OUT" he looks at me with a straight face and throws a taser at me knocking me out cold.