Chapter 7

Hello, my dear readers!

I know it's been a really long time since I posted a new chapter and it is also because I moved countries and it's been a ride since then. It still feels like I am just settling into my routine even though it's been 7 months since I came into the country.

I will try to be more regular with my updates for sure! Until then, this one's for you! It's a longer chapter. Enjoy!! <3

------------------------------------------------

It had been about two weeks since Amelia came to LA. She felt refreshed as she took a break after a long time, more like years. She was either at home with her parents or at the bakery helping Sofie. She had successfully avoided Jayden post the encounter at Sofie's bakery and felt much better about it.

It was the second weekend in LA and she decided to meet with Cara for a girl's day out! It was a sunny Saturday morning when Amelia left to pick Cara up from her house and they were planning on reliving their high school life all over again. Both of them decided to park their car at the boardwalk and rent a bike so they could go around their day.

 Both of them decided to park their car at the boardwalk and rent a bike so they could go around their day

"Amelia, today is going to be soooo much fun! I can't wait to stuff our faces throughout the day!"

Amelia laughed at Cara. "You are acting as if you haven't eaten in forever. If that's what you're like when you go out with Mark, I feel bad for him."

Cara just poked her tongue out and said, "Mark lets me eat whatever I want to. I am not kidding when I say some people look at me weirdly when they see how I eat. It's such judge-y looks. I am like can a girl not love her food?" And that was a beginning of a long rant which Amelia missed.

All her worries were out the window when she was with Cara. There was a reason why they were tight.

"Mia, let's go to that fancy cafe at the boardwalk which we could never afford when we were children."

"Cara, we could always afford it! It's just that you were very icky about how fancy it looked and we don't belong there until we got jobs."

Cara just gave her a flat stare at that. "So what? I was waiting for the right time. There's always a time for everything."

"Yeah yeah whatever, let's just go and finally try it. I just hope it's still open and as fancy as we remembered it was."

Both of them head into the cafe to get some mimosas and brunch at the restaurant which exceeded their expectations. Amelia didn't want to admit it but it was worth the wait. Spending her own money and doing things with her best friend was always something both of them had dreamed of since they were children. Their parents had enough money to let them go and do whatever they want but Amelia and Cara were too independent to be constantly relying on and taking advantage of what their parents had to offer.

With full bellies and happy hearts, they cycled down to Venice Beach. Strolling along the sandy shore, they dipped their toes in the sparkling ocean, giggling like carefree teenagers. The beach returned memories of their childhood, building sandcastles and collecting seashells. They took photos to capture the moments, laughing at their goofy poses.