Chapter 17

"Mickey!" Kitty screamed, running inside. "There's boys outside!"
"What?" I asked, confused. Hayes took the twins outside to play with the dogs.
"Hayes is arguing with one of them!"
"Go watch TV. I'll be right back. Becca is upstairs if you need something." I directed, going outside.
Hayes was arguing with JT, and JT's friends were there to back him up. "Lilly!" I called. She was hiding behind Hayes, and Stitch was with her.
"Mickey!" She cried, running over, jumping in my arms. "That mean boy tried to hit me!"
"Go inside, honey." I cooed, and she followed my directions, taking Stitch with her.
"Michaela, go inside." Hayes growled.
"Heck no!" I shouted. "JT, get off of my lawn." I growled, standing next to Hayes.
"Screw you." He spat.
"You would like that." I retorted. "You tried to hit her?! What is wrong with you! She's not even 10!" I shouted. I flung myself at him, punching and clawing at his face. Four pairs of arms attempted to pull me off, but I fought back, occasionally hitting one of them as well.
"Michaela!" Dad shouted, running outside. "Get off of him!"
He distracted me for a second, and JT punched me in my jaw. I screamed in pain. I've never got hit in a fight. It hurts like bloody heck.
Dad lifted me off of JT, holding me bridal-style. "Put me down." He obliged, warily. "I hope you live a long, long, life." I said, sickly sweet. "That way, you can watch everyone you will ever-"
"Michaela!" Dad shouted.
"Michaela, go." Hayes shouted, and I flinched. Hayes never shouts.
"Get the hell off of my property before I call the cops." Dad spat at JT and his friends. He ran like a mass-murderer was chasing them. Never hit a girl. Especially one with a track record.