Chapter 41

"Kyle?" I said softly, knocking on his new door. "Are you okay?"
"Fuck no." He groaned, rolling over on his bed. "I messed everything up. Badly. I got in a huge screaming match with my dream girl, and then moved halfway across the world. I'm a fucking bastard. No wonder she hates me. We're going in circles again and again."
"She doesn't hate you. In fact, she's coming down once we get settled in for a few weeks. Or until school starts, whichever is longer."
"I'm pretty settled in, if I do say so myself."
"Kyle, you may be, but you'll have to check up on Shane, Callie, and Luka."
"I miss her so fucking much it fucking kills me. She's always on my mind, I think about her all the time."
"I know you're being serious, but please stop quoting song lyrics. I'm trying so hard not to laugh."
"Michaela." He sighed. "I think I love her. And I fucking kill her everytime we fight. I know it kills her. It kills me too. Keairra Diamond is my world."
"Then why do you fight so much?"
"It's like that Harry Styles fanfiction After. I can't fucking show her how I felt. Damn, I hope I don't hurt her that bad." He sighed again. "How are you dealing with Hayes so far away?"
"We broke up. That way, he can 'not get lonely' and have a drunk one-night-stand or some shit without having to worry about me across the globe. It's not that bad, yet. I'm just going through cuddle withdrawal. And Muke withdrawal."
"Really?!"
"I will ship Muke until the day I die!"
"That can be arranged!" I glared at him, and stalked back to my room.