6

"Ophelia?" You call out the maids name when you find her happily dusting a shelf, it brings a smile to your face, thank god you weren't with Scythe anymore.

"Ohh! (y/n)! I was looking for you, I was hoping just to check on you and make sure you're okay." Ophelia gives you a good look from the bottom of you— to the top of your head- and lets out a satisfied hum.

"No injuries! Phew, thank goodness!" She does a short spin with the duster still in hand, only to end it short with an embarrassed expression on her now shy face. You giggle at Ophelia, which only causes her to get more flustered.

"Anyway, Ophelia, I met Scythe." Her eyes widened almost immediately after you said this, he was hard to find so she was curious on how you did so. Maybe if you were to help her find him when he needed to do his cleanings, he'd actually get some work done..?

"Really? How did you manage that?" She asks with a soft hum.

"I sensed his aura or power, I guess?"

"Hmm?" Ophelia's head tilts to the right as she closes her eyes for a moment to think.

"Wow! I'm so proud (y/n)~ That's impressive, especially when one of Scythe's skills is to hide.. Ugh, I can never find him, which gives me more work to do." Ophelia huffs puts away her cleaning supplies, seemingly finished her work for now.

"If you ever need help finding him, I'd be open to helping you." You greet her with a smile when she turns her head to look at you, she smiles back, gratefully.

"Oh~ Really? Thank you (y/n)!" She grabs your hands and cheers.

And thus, the two of you talked until Rellik got home.

+ + +

It was the next day, and you had received shocking news from the twins, Rellik was planning to hold a Ball for the noble demons to make connections and form allies for a war he has been planning. The war, of course, was going to be against your father in order to take back the throne. It didn't make you feel too good as your stomach twisted at the words when they came out of their mouths, it seemed scary, terrifying, and also made you fear for your forgotten family. Though you hadn't had any memories of them, you could feel a bond when you thought of them, a strong one, they definitely haven't forgotten you. But at the same time you found yourself fearing for the lives of everyone you had met in the castle, especially Rellik as your heart would ache at the thought of him possibly dying. Silently you stood staring up at a portrait painting for Rellik's father, his scarlet red eyes bore into your (e/c) ones, almost challenging you, maybe because you're your fathers daughter? A sigh escapes you.

"(y/n)?" A voice you found yourself wishing to hear sometimes speaks up, it was Rellik, it cracks the glass bubble of your thoughts, freeing you from the horrors before they could begin.

"Hmm?"

"I'm sure you have heard the news, I will be hosting a Ball in a couple of days and I was wondering if you'd like to go look for a dress today?" A pleasant surprise this was, some would find it embarrassing, and yes you do, but it seemed like a fun idea and you'd get to explore Hell a little bit. So it balances the embarrassment from trying on dresses a little.

"Oh? Sounds like it could be a little fun, I'll go." A shy smile graces your face, and Rellik's eyes seem to light up a little at this.

"Really? No complaints or anything..?" He rubs the back of his neck, he knew he hadn't been the nicest to you.. so he definitely wasn't expecting you to accept so easily, you must be full of surprises.

"Nope, none that I can think of at the moment.. Unless~" Panic raises to his face, uh oh.

"No, no! It's fine, please, let's get going." Rellik's hand grasps yours; his touch is oddly cold, and leads you to the front door.

At the front of the door, it opens to reveal a carriage with Scythe sitting lazily with the reins to the horses in hand. Who would trust this man to handle anything? You notice Ophelia was sitting beside Scythe with a worried expression on her face, she was watching him closely, you assumed, so Scythe wouldn't fall asleep. This twins on the other hand, were already in the carriage causing trouble as the carriage shook violently. You gulped as Rellik lead you towards the entrances and opened the door, the twins immediately froze, acting like nothing had happened.

"Ladies first." Rellik helps you climb in with the help of the hand that still holds yours, you muse giving the carriage a good look when you sit down. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, nor a mess. The twins must've done nothing, but that's when it happened— just as Rellik is about to take a step into the carriage the door slams onto his face. Giggles from the twins erupt.

"Stupid Relish-nii~ Can't believe you didn't see that coming~" Mimic mocks while Kromik looks apologetic.

A red faced Rellik opens the door once more, Ophelia asking him if he needs any ice, but is ignored.. He simply sits down beside you with a pout on his face, he probably deserved this in some way, and didn't want to get mad in front of you once more. And with a little bit of a silent break, the carriage starts on its way.

Hello!! Thanks for reading this old thing! If you want more story please checkout @DespairCircus  <33