𝟐𝟎.

∘₊✧─────────── ・☆・ ───────────✧₊∘

CHAPTER TWENTY

the seven lads were in the infirmary, most of them idling around or seated on chairs. jisung, on the other hand, laid next to felix, nearly falling every time he dared to move because of the fact that he was on the edge.

his hands were clasped together, his right leg hanging loosely on the side and for once, he was silent and reticent.

all of them were equally crestfallen and devastated. questions beginning with 'if only' whirling in their heads like an endless cycle. when they had free time, they would spend most of their time dawdling in the school's clinic, awaiting for at least one movement from the freckle-faced lad.

"he'll wake up soon," the youngest said reassuringly, however he sounded as though he were telling himself that. "right, chan?" he looked up at the eldest, who had even darker bags beneath his eyes than usual.

chan snapped out of his daze, nodding curtly. "yeah, yeah." he muttered mindlessly.

heejin, on the other hand, looked guilty. she refused to make eye contact with everyone and only spoke when she was spoken to. she surprisingly took jisung's perpetual jibes well by ignoring it, which staggered even the boy himself.

ms. moon entered the room, and her usual sleek silver bun with flecks of ebon was mussed. she looked ill and exhausted.

she opened her mouth to speak, and hyunjin nearly flinched as he expected her to yell at them to leave. "sorry, boys," she said gently, her hands clasped together, feeling sorry for the lads. "but you have to leave. you've stayed here for a bit too long. supper's just about to begin, wouldn't you like to join your classmates?" jisung sprang up the bed, shaking his head vigorously with a grimace.

"no, ms. we'd rather stay—"

ms. moon interrupted seungmin. "i apologize, but that really isn't my decision to make. the teachers instructed each staff member to not let a student stay out for too long. you must go." she ushered, walking toward them.

chan sighed, looking at felix. "okay, ms," spoke the eldest. "thank you for letting us stay here." he bowed at her, and rather harshly grabbed changbin and hyunjin's shoulders, steering them forward as he beckoned the others to follow him.

______

mr. bang paced back and forth, his eyebrows wrinkled paired with a stony-faced expression. his hands were clasped behind him, and the six other men gazed at him worriedly.

"do you plan on telling us the matter, jack?" asked mr. lee, minho's father, with an arched eyebrow.

"yeah, i just—i'm -i'm scared." he admitted, finally ceasing his relentless pacing. mr. kim furrowed his eyebrows at that statement.

"it'll be fine, bang. i'm sure." seungmin's father assured, not sounding really convincing. mr. bang frowned, his wrinkles crinkling as he spun around.

"how can you be so sure? seojun heo is an absolute coward! he'd rather protect himself than his own damn school—what a selfish, egotistical, old dastard!" he roared, his fists clench at the thought.

"you never exactly told us what he said or did. care to elaborate?" mr. han asked softly.

mr. bang crossed his arms, looking at the huge arched window despondently. "he said he can no longer protect his students, 'cause he got himself tangled in a stupid death curse. it's weakening him." he responded, refusing to look at the others' in the eye.