3

"Risky Business?" I asked as Steve suggested a costume. "No, absolutely not." We walked down the sidewalk to the ice cream shop, holding hands. 

"Then what do you suggest?" He stopped and turned to me, a twinkle in his eye. I thought for a minute. 

"Ooh, this is a good one. Danny and Sandy from Grease." He laughed before pushing hair out of my face. "What? Isn't it good?" 

"It's a good idea. You get to dress hot and I get to wear a leather jacket." I smiled as he leaned into me. I inhaled sharply. 

"Let's get some ice cream," I turned to continue walking and followed behind. We walked into the little shop and I saw Robin behind the counter. 

"Beth, what are you-" She was cut off as she realized Steve was with me. "Oh, hi Steve. Steal any more friends lately?" She asked sarcastically. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to her to make her mad. Robin rolled her eyes. "What can I get the love birds?" Steve looked down at me as I examined the flavor list. 

"You know what you want?" He asked. I walked up to Robin at the counter. 

"Don't tell me," She started. "Pumpkin ice cream in a waffle cone with cinnamon on top." I smiled as she remembered my order. 

"Aw how nice, it's almost like I'm a regular." Robin turned to look at Steve. 

"And what about the friend snatcher?" They held intense eye contact for a minute. 

"Superman in a waffle cone." Robin laughed then turned to me. 

"Aw, he is fruity." A small laugh escaped my mouth and Steve looked over at me with a smile. 

"What's wrong with a little bit of fruity-ness?" He gawked his head before grabbing my waist, pulling me close to him. 

"Enough, this is gross," Robin interrupted. "Considering you just met today." 

I quickly shushed her before looking around. 

"Shut up, Robin. This needs to seem believable." She nodded along as she began scooping our ice cream for us. She handed me mine and a big smile covered my face. Before I could lick it, Steve took a bit out of the side. I stood with my mouth open. 

"Did you just eat my ice cream?" I asked and he was smiling at me like he didn't do anything. "Steven, this is my pride and joy and you just go and take a bite without even asking?" He began to laugh as Robin handed him his. 

"Here, have a bite of mine." He moved it close to me but I backed my head away. 

"Get that away from me." 

"What's wrong? Don't like Superman?" He asked stepping closer to me. 

"Keep it away." 

"Ok, you two. Stop messing around and leave," Robin said behind the counter. Steve grabbed my hand before walking out of the shop. 

"I'll see you tomorrow, Robin." We walked around town just admiring the Halloween decorations and people-watching as we ate our ice cream. 

"So I'll sit with you at lunch and I can take you to school if you'd like," Steve suggested as we stood in front of the Halloween Showcase outside of Melvalds. 

"I, uh, take my sister to school and home so that's fine. You don't have to." I thought about the awful fight from this morning and how BIlly had to take Max to school. 

"Hey, where did you go?" He asked as I must have zoned out. 

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I looked up at him and he was smiling down at me.