Chapter 2

Should I make their new apartment Master Fu's old one? Nah that'd be far too cruel for all your tender little blueberry hearts.

Marinette's POV:

I packed up the final box and carried it downstairs to the truck parked outside. This is all so surreal. My childhood home isn't mine anymore. My room isn't mine.

"Mom? Can I go upstairs and look at my bedroom one more time please?" I had tears forming in my eyes, but I didn't try to hide this time because all three of us were on the verge of tears. But I made a promise to myself I wouldn't cry until we were in the security of our car.

My mom agreed, and I walked up the stairs one final time. Opened our apartment door one final time. Opened my trapdoor one final time.

Final
Final
FINAL

I looked around and remembered all the memories I had in here of my ex friends and me. How much I loved them back then. All of my time sharing midnight snacks with Tikki. It's over. All gone. Like it never happened.

I walked downstairs, straight to the car where my parents were, and all three of us hugged really tight. It was emotional for all of us. My parents started this bakery in the middle of their process of falling in love, and this is the only home I've ever known.

We got into the car to follow the moving van to our new, smaller 2 bedroom apartment. But for one last time, I looked at the ghost of what used to be our home.

-Three hour later-

I was sitting on my bare floor, surrounded by boxes, with tears in my eyes. The emotions had finally caught up to me, and I was alone, so I could finally let it all out.

To put it simply, I cried. I cried so hard that my voice was starting to hurt. All of the emotions I've held together with a thread for the past year started tumbling out of my eyes in gushes. Out of the corner of my eye I just barely saw the flutter of purple moth wings absorb into my necklace. My mind immediately went sharp, with a pounding headache. Tikki sprung out of my bag, grabbed the earrings, nodded to me and flew off with the jewelry as I gave in to my negative feelings and my vision slowly grew darker and darker until I lost consciousness.

Short chapter, but hopefully the next one will be longer, will come sooner, and include more POVs! Please comment and vote if you're enjoying this story, and check out my other stories if you like my content!

Love you, and stay safe!