[CH. 23]: UA Sports Festival Pt. 5

"A truce?" [y/n] tilted her head in confusion and suspicion, she did not accept his hand for a handshake.

Todoroki nods and replied, "I asked Midnight about the mechanics, and our points will be split into two if we were not in the same group, since we tied at second place."

She then looks at Midnight for confirmation. The lady then nodded. [y/n] groaned, "Ugh, fine. Who are the other members of the team?"

After that, Kaminari and Momo waved at her, to which she returned the same gesture.

She then turns back to Todoroki, "You still haven't answered my question, what do you want?"

Todoroki glances momentarily at Izuku, who seems busy talking to his team mates, "Not right now. Later."

[y/n] puts her pointer finger on her chin as she mutters "Alright, since our individual points count as one since we tied, Yaoyorozu-san's is 130, and Kaminari-san's is 95... ours is 405... this makes us a total of 630 points-"

"I'll be the rider, just follow what I say." Todoroki interrupts her once more for the fifth time of the day. 

She cared less about her sentences being cut off this time, "Alright, but we need a strategy in case something unexpected happens."

She continues, "Also, I have something I want to try."

"You're doing one of those experiments of yours again?" Todoroki furrowed his eyebrows, "If it's gonna happen again, I promise you won-" 

"I guarantee it won't." She interrupted him on purpose. "Besides, 2 weeks of preparation for the sports festival is more than enough for me."

She then turns to Yaoyorozu and Kaminari, "Do you guys have something to bring unto the table? Wait, let's review your quirks again."

"Again?" Yaoyorozu asks. [y/n] replied, "Ah, yes. I know it's pretty weird but I have been observing everyone for quite some time now." 

Kaminari joins in, "Oh... like how your brother takes down notes most of the time? Does this mean you have a notebook, too?"

[y/n] shook her head, "My handwriting is too messy for me to even read it. I'd prefer recorded audios, since I think I'm an auditory learner." She then scratches her head shyly.

Yaoyorozu spoke up, "Right, [y/n]! Call me Momo from now on," she smiled as she turns her head to face [y/n]. 

"Denki is fine, too!" Kaminari joins.

"We're on first name basis, huh?" [y/n] chuckles as she teased. "Oh, right! The quirk review and plan!" [y/n] exclaims as Todoroki fairly observes his group.

Todoroki approaches them and spoke up, "The reason why I have chosen you all..."

The three went silent as they faced him, "... is because our formation will be by far the most stable."

He continues, "Kaminari, you guard the left and keep the enemies away with your electricity. Yaoyorozu, you take the right and provide an insulator and supplement our movement. And [y/n], I have seen your shield, the spikes, the wings and those dark ropes, I want you to be our offense and defense at the front." They all nodded.

[y/n] spoke up, "Todoroki, you'll hold them off with your ice and fire then?" 

"No." He furrows his eyebrows once more as he glances onto the crowd at the bleachers, glaring at a certain figure. "I refuse to use my left side for this battle."

-

"Let's get a battle cry! Here comes the starting signal!" Midnight screams as she reminds everyone of the time, "Blood begets blood in the UA Grand Match!"