ARC ONE:CHAPTER TEN.

"Lady Eve, if you don't mind, may I please have a little bit of your time?"

While I was in a trance of shock, i was brought back to reality by a familiar voice that spoke to me. 
I turned to Resley. I didn't even notice when he came over because I was absent minded for a while.

"Who is she? I have never seen her?"

"Does she know Lord Resley? She is a new face though. I don't remember seeing her in any of the social gatherings held so far."

"Her hair accesories and her make up are so unique. I wonder which brand is it from."

"Her Dress and her Hair style kind of remind me of the fairies I saw in the library books last time. I wonder if i could become friends with her."

I could hear the crowd whisper as I kept Resley hanging on the spot. I frowned inside. Lara Britty, i like her as a protagonist but i fear her as a character. She is a callous woman. And given the fact that Resley and she were having sex last time, she has already grown fond of him. Meaning, they were on the path to becoming lovers. So as to not provoke her jealousy, i didn't want to associate myself with her two husbandos be it either through social interactions or rumours.
However, if i keep declining this damn Resley might become even more interested. So, I decided to entertain him some of my time. Just this time.

A woman's unwanted jealousy is a scary thing. And a man's unwanted attention is a troublesome thing. Both were unwanted by me.

I gave a humble bow to Resley while I followed his lead. From the corner of my eye, i saw Lara glancing towards me. She was checking me out. Then i saw Ropert taking her away and i was glad for that. Atleast, she will have her attention on her other puppy husbando.

When we were outside the balcony, Resley smiled wickedly as he tried to work his dashing charms on me.
"Lady Eve, You were the most beautiful flower in this banquet. Thank you for giving this Lord some of your precious time." He said, with a destructively seductive smile.

I chuckled. As a reader i found him attractive but as a person he was not my type. I was immune to people's handsomeness after knowing of their personality. If he was my type I might have been swayed but he was not even my type, so i had a poor reaction to his seduction.
"Your words are too humble, Lord Resley. If the Lord doesn't mind, may I please know the reason why you seeked me out in front of such a big crowd?"

His smiling wall was very sturdy. "My lady, it was because I couldn't resist the urge to become friends with you. I am sure, Lady Eve remembers this Lord from last time."

Cough. Cough. He sure was shameless.  Saying that to the person, meaning me, who caught him having sex last time.
"Lord Resley doesn't have to worry about rumours. I have a very tight mouth. So don't worry." I replied him, giving letting out a low chuckle.
"As for becoming friends, I am sad to say this but I will be leaving this city in a few days. So, i am afraid I will be busy."

He looked like he wasn't done. Just as he was about to continue the conversation Yovis interrupted us at the crucial time.

"My lady." She said. "Its time." She held a box covered with a red cloth in her hands.

I smiled. "Thanks for reminding me, Yovis. Then, please excuse me." I gave him a humble bow before leaving the balcony.
It was time for me to bribe the king.

When I approached, he noticed me.

"Greetings your majesty. I, Lady Eve Porid, the owner of the Granzia Trading Estate, wishes for a private audience with your majesty, by your humble grace, if your majesty permits."

I heard people gasp at the revelation.

This was also a part of my plan. Since people were already investigating about the owner of the Granzia Trading estate, I might as well expose myself rather than letting them get even more curious.