1.2 ♡

Alec's Pov.

Both me and A/n walk into the gymnasium. Tons of people sitting on the bleachers, some new faces, some regulars. Even though it might be the first day of school, almost half of the people on the bleachers are in their own groups from last year.

Some new additions to those groups, those being 9th graders, and some of the groups that have stayed the same. Both me and A/n kind of have our own group just Me and them. We usually jsut stay to ourselves.

We both go to the bleachers to sit down, there isn't really much room to sit so we just sit towards the front front the bleachers. A/n is practically jumping up and down in their seat. They're always excited for events like this, even if they try to deny it.

One of the assistant principals make a small announcement that the assembly would start shortly. That usually means in 20 minutes. Students are still flooding in through the doors, some looking dreadful and some excited.

I usually have mixed feelings about the first day of school, I mean it can go either way. I take a drink of my tea, slightly nervous. I look over to see a/n almost bouncing up and down, they're really excited.

Woah woah, take a chill pill tiger! I say jokingly, laughing. They turn over to look at me, not realizing that I was paying attention to them. "Sorry, I'm just so excited, I mean it's the first day of school!" They Whisper shout.

I smile back in reply, leaving them to do whatever they where doing before. I decide to take out my phone, it turning on flashing a background of me and a/n. I smile at the thought of the memories we've both made together.

I open up Instagram and scroll through my feed. I click on my profile to see my account sitting on a steady 500 followers. All I do is post my music on there but that's about it. It's nice to feel my music is appreciated by different kinds of people.

My thoughts get cut off by a/n. "Are you excited Alec?" I nod in response, smiling. "Well you don't seem that excited" they said, pouting and crossing their arms sarcastically. Someone's upset, I say, playfully hitting the shoulder.

The gymnasium quiets down as the principal and assistant principal walk up to the stage. The principal in a blue dress, and the assistant principal in a simple yellow button up suit, followed with a blue, striped tie.

The Principal taps on the microphone, the microphone making a slight screaching noise. Silence falls over the whole gymnasium, as the air gets tense. A/n obviously senses it and stops moving so much and moves to fidgeting with their hands.

"Welcome Students!" The principal says into the microphone,  with a cheerful spirit. "We are so glad to see both old faces, and new!" She smiles, looking around the gymnasium. She quits talking for a couple of seconds, shuffling her papers and clearing her throat.

"I have a new announcement to make for all of you so please pay attention! We have over 170 new students this year! So if you see one of them in need, please welcome them and show them around!"

"This year we shall all aim to be a more welcoming school, for anyone from anywhere!" She said with a smile. She steps down and let's the assistant principal talk for a moment. "Welcome Students!" His voice trailed off for a couple of moments.

"This year we are offering over 5 new clubs, one including and advanced art club and a music club!" My head perked up to what he mentioned. A/n leaned over to my ear. "You should join Alec!" A/n said whisper shouting, with a heavy smile.

"We are also offering more sports this year thanks to funding!" He announced, smiling. Almost everyone clapped to that, even a/n. I've never been interested in sports, but I did like watching soccer from time to time.

I took another drink of my tea, stirring it around with the straw. "To a great year of learning, once again!" Clapping filled the gymnasium, with occasional cheering. Mainly from the sports announcement.

But I was most excited about the clubs. There has never been a music club before. Who knows I might join it like a/n suggested. I might even convince a/n to join the club with me. I smiled at the thought.

Everyone started walking down the bleachers, I wasnt in no hurry so I stayed there watching people pass by. After more people left, there was only around 20 people left, including me and a/n.

We decided to finally start making our way to our homeroom. We sat up and headed out of the gymnasium. "I'm excited!" A/n said , doing a little spin. I can tell you are. I said. I've never seen you so excited.

We laughed and we started walking down the main hallway to our classroom. We both had to use the bathroom so we said we'd meet eachother outside the bathrooms once we where done. I walked into the bathroom setting my stuff down.

I didn't really have to use the bathroom,  I just wanted to prepare myself for what was planned for me for the day ahead. I looked in the mirror fixing my hair. I ran my hand through my hair , nervous.

I finished the rest of my tea quic, and threw it in the trash can. I decided that I'll actually use the bathroom while I'm at it. I started to ponder. I mean a/n has been acting weird, maybe it's nothing but worry about.

I'm probably overthinking, I mean they're just my best...friend.

They would tell me if anything was wrong right? I shook my head. I finished up and washed my hands, and walked out the bathroom to see a/n waiting for me with a smile.

"We should go , we only have 2 minutes to get to class, and we don't want to be late on the first day!" They said, then grabbed my hand. We started speedwalking down the hallway, both hand in hand, smiling.

But something about the way they grabbed my hand, made me feel different.

A different feeling, I've never felt before.