ch. 4 ♡︎

I look outside and see dark skies and clouds.
Yesterday's events still have me shaken up.
From me being attacked, to Beomgyu holding my hand— and me not letting go of it— I'm dazed.
It's still an odd feeling.
What happened to me not wanting to get caught up in any drama?
Surely no one saw.
Hopefully.
I facepalm and sigh.
I hope I don't become just another girl that falls for Choi Beomgyu.
"I can't. I won't let that be me!" I whisper.
There's a knock on my door.
"Let's go, hurry up! Don't want to be late!" It's Jaemin.
I grab my shoes and mope downstairs.
"Mom, I don't feel so good." I whine.
"Okay?" She looks at me expectantly.
"Can I stay in and rest today? Please?" I ask.
She lets out a long sigh.
"I guess so."
I mentally celebrate.
"Thank you so much." I give her a hug and she kisses my head.
"Be careful. Don't leave the house, and lock the doors. I love you!" She says.
I turn around and see Jaemin standing there in shock.
"What?!" He gapes.
"How come— you were fine earlier!" He protests and looks at me. "She was fine earlier!" He complains to Mom.
She does nothing but shrug.
"Well, if that's how things work around here, I'm not feeling so good myself..." He suddenly gets a sickened look on his face and places one hand on his stomach and another on his forehead.
"Jaemin, come on." My mother says and he gets a nasty look on his face, staring me down as he walks out, making me feel guilty.
"어마, he has been complaining of his stomach aching lately." I attempt to save him, but it doesn't work as the door closes.
Well, it's nice to be home alone.

The clock hasn't even struck 8:00 am yet when my phone is bombarded by text messages from the group chat Kayaoko, Seri, and I share.
I quickly call Seri.
"Where are you?!" She answers immediately.
"I'm staying at home today." I reply.
"You can't just leave us here." Kayoko speaks up.
Wow, it seems like I've betrayed everyone today by choosing to stay home.
"Listen guys. I can't come in today because I can't face him." I admit.
"Him? Who?" Seri questions.
"It's too much to explain over the phone, but basically Beomgyu and I kinda like I dunno had a moment yesterday—" I cringe just saying it out loud.
I think back to yesterday and it causes a shiver to run down my spine.
Ugh.
"Had a what...? A moment—?!" Seri whisper shrieks.
I can hear her confusion through the phone. "Don't tell me you're actually falling for—" Kayoko starts but the school bell cuts him off.
"— the audacity!—" He scoffs and continues on his rant. "You cannot end up like every other girl who has a crush on Choi Beomgyu!"
I hear Seri start, "Hey! I don't like—"
"Okay, that's right, everyone except Seri." He says.
I laugh nervously because honestly I don't know how to respond. Why is Beomgyu making me feel this way? I'm top of the class, and he's not... I shouldn't fear him, right?
Is fear the right word? No, he just makes me feel a way I've never felt before...
Anxious?
No, worried..?
Just thinking about him makes my stomach hurt.
"Yah! Na Hye-jin! You'd better not stay there all day, at least come bring us snacks or—" Seri says but is cut off by the sound of the teacher's voice.
I hang up before they get in trouble and sigh, looking outside.
It's beginning to drizzle and the sound of the rain lightly falling onto the roof makes me even more tired.
I make my way back to my room where I open the curtains to let some light in, crawling into bed.
I begin to doze off when I hear something hit my window.
I ignore it and try to sleep.
Something hits the window again.
"Aish—!" I grumble and look outside.
My heart immediately stops when I see Beomgyu mid-throw of a rock.
Once he sees me he drops the pebbles and waves his hand.
"Yah— Why aren't you getting ready for school? We're going to be late!" He yells. His voice is muffled through the glass.
"W-what?" I say, even though I know it's too quiet for him to hear.
I close my curtains immediately and sit on my bed.
"I didn't go to school today to AVOID you! Now he's at my house?!"
I sigh in exasperation and reach for my pillow, groaning into it.
I angrily stomp down the stairs.
Once I swing open the door, Beomgyu is standing there with his hand up ready to knock.
"Beomgyu! Why are you at my house!" I'm annoyed, and he can tell.
"I— uh, I thought that we could maybe walk to school together today..." He says with red cheeks. He begins to scratch his neck.
"Why are you acting like this? Is this some type of dare? Where are your friends—?" I look around to see if there's anyone there.
"At school..." He replies.
"So why aren't you at school?" I ask him angrily, pulling him a little inside the doorway so he doesn't get wet.
"Because, like I said, I wanted to walk together but you never came. I wanted to make sure you were alright." He replies.
"So you've been waiting outside my bedroom?!" I ask him, my hands crossed over my chest in disbelief.
"What?! No— no! I was waiting by your mailbox, but then I saw Jaemin and your mom leave so I waved at them and they stopped. Jaemin told me that you weren't feeling well and winked at me. He said that I should probably check on you to see if you were faking it...!" He explains in a rush.
I sigh and facepalm.
Jaemin!
"Well, thank you for checking. I'm still feeling a little, uh, sick. So if you don't mind, go ahead and go to school, you're  going to be late by now." I say.
He looks at me carefully.
I've never seen him look so, timid, before.
Where's the usual cocky and obnoxious idol at?
The rain is coming down faster now, and I notice that his hair is slightly damp.
He's looking straight at me, and has a curious yet reserved look in his eyes.
"I don't want to go to school." He replies after a second.
"What? Why? You're going to get in trouble." I immediately respond.
"If you're sick, why would I be there? I want to be with you. Wherever you are." He says the last part so quietly, I'm not even sure if I heard him correctly.
"Beomgyu. You need to—"
Just then, it thunders so loudly, making us both jump. I stumble onto him and he catches me as my foot trips on the doorway threshold.
I gasp as the thunder rolls and look up into his eyes.
"Need to what?" He asks, raising his eyebrows as a small smirk comes across his face.