Prologue

"Yewpaw, you will now be known as-"
Bristlestar announced before being cut-off by the young apprentice.

"I would like to keep my name, Bristlestar." Yewpaw meowed. Bristlestar nodded.
"Well then, you will still be known as Yewpaw. StarClan honors your skill and courage.
We welcome you as a full warrior to SplashClan." Bristlestar loudly meowed.

Yewpaw heard the cheers of his friends shouting his name. He felt... great.

Redpaw cheered quietly as he walked away from camp.
"My ceremonies are always delayed because of my anger and curiosity that always distracts me. That's just great..." Redpaw muttered.

He sat near one of the rivers. The water got onto his paws as it splashed on rocks. "Gross!..." Redpaw giggled.
The clouds turned darker as he heard something getting closer.

"Redpaw? Is that you?" A pale yellow cat shivered. "Yeah..?" Redpaw answered.

The cat sighed. "Oh thank StarClan... did you see my brother's ceremony?" She asked.
Redpaw's face turned into a frown as drops of water started to fall from the sky.

"Yes..." Redpaw mumbled. "Let's go back to camp now Redpaw. It's about to rain and I don't want to get my fur wet!" The cat smiled.

The rain was light thankfully. Yewpaw and Redpaw were the only two awake. Redpaw watched Yewpaw on his vigil from the apprentice dens entrance.

"Hey, Yewpaw!" Redpaw whispered. He looked at the two new apprentices sleeping in their nests. Redpaw sighed and called for Yewpaw again, "Yewpaw!" He whispered louder.

"Redpaw-what do you need?! I'm on a night patrol." Yewpaw whispered back.

"Can I sit with you?" Redpaw silently asked.
Yewpaw rolled his eyes. "Yes Redpaw.."

Redpaw gulped and pranced over to Yewpaw. The rain went down Redpaw's muzzle. "You should've became a warrior before me." Yewpaw meowed.

Redpaw's eyes shrunk. "Hah, you really think?"

"You're so much stronger than me... why did Bristlestar just delay it because of your anger and curiosity." Yewpaw sighed.

Redpaw was flattered. "Well.. you kind of deserve your rank before me..."