|27|

Barre

     I shoulder through the large, wooden doors that lead to the launch pad. Too many spaceships and aircrafts populate the rough ground. Some are obsolete hunks of garbage that haven't been used in centuries.

     As i walk past the countless ships, my boots thumping, I reach out and run my hand across the large metal sides of a rusty ship dotted with holes.

     Our race used to send out countless spaceships to explore other worlds, even more when our females died out, and now these ships sit around for the most part. Other than the few that fly out to do our regular trade of goods with other planets, there is no need to leave the safety of Rytaria, especially now that we must protect the precious females we have harbored here.

     "Barre!" Fray is stalking towards me, arm outstretched to clap me on the shoulder in greeting, but Salsh growls fiercely, always at my side and ready to protect. I roll my eyes.

     Fray stops short, hands held up in a sign of peace.

    "He wants to protect you. He doesn't know how powerful you really are." That earns a chuckle from me. "I'm so glad that you could make it. I know it is early."

     I nod, looking ahead as we walk side by side, heading to our destination together. Salsh is quick to follow, never straying far from my legs.

    "It was not easy to pull myself from the nest." I respond, even though I had to be here, it is true. I could hardly get myself to leave Elodie's side for even a moment of time. She is my life now. I had to station 3 guards outside our door to ensure her safety until I return.

     I have never been paranoid. My power often secures anything I want or need, I've never had to worry. I had nothing to lose either, but now that story has changed completely. I have everything to lose because I have Elodie. She is everything. I've never known such fear, such ecstasy and love, such paranoia. Its all a lot. It was easier before she came along, but I wouldn't change it for anything. I hope the complications never stop if this is what love is.

     Fray laughs at me, breaking me from my haze.

     "What did you say?" I ask, slightly embarrassed.

     He shakes his head.

     "I was just telling you that I understand completely. Getting a female changes you, it is hard to leave the sanctuary they offer." He grins, shaking his head and running a hand through his white hair. "But, it seems like you were already thinking about that."

     Clearing my throat, I look away as I think of my time with my sweet, tiny mate. She is sunshine wrapped in red hair. Sanctuary is the perfect word to describe her. It would not be noble for me to comment further to Fray on why exactly I struggle leaving her. I cant say how I belong between her thighs, and no matter how many times we tussle in the nest, she is still never satiated.

     I always leave her satisfied, but she is always hungry for more.

     I try to contain my smile, ready to get back to my fiery goddess.

     "Well, regardless, I am glad you are here. It is your right to send him off." Fray says, and I nod, knowing that it is also Fray's right to see Locanas shipped off to the mountains of Kalinda.

     Locanas was Fray's second in command, I can only imagine how hard it is to trust a male and watch him become a dishonorable monster.

     We continue walking silently until we come to a rather large air ship at the end of the strip. It's bustling with a few males as they prepare for flight. They carry supplies up the ramp and into the ship. They're all preparing to ship of this criminal so that none of us have to worry about him again.