new cover idea for [The Art of Murder]

alrighty. so. i've been messing around on canva again and i ended up making a new cover. [BUT] it's a newer version, or a completely revamped, cover for [The Art of Murder]. i tried [SO] many different things while i was making this today and so i'm happy to say that i am pleased with how the final result came out. so, like with the others, i will put up both versions and have you guys pick (even though i'm most likely going to pick the newer one anyway lol ^^'). 

old cover:

new cover:

     i know

     i know. there are a lot of changes to the newer cover compared to the old one, but i'm going to try to quickly go over why i made the changes that i did.

     back when i first came up with the first cover back when i was just starting out with this fic, i honestly couldn't find any themes or color schemes that fit the vibe i thought i was going to try to go for. i was also just starting to use "realistic" pictures for my covers rather than searching and searching for the right picture with the characters. again, i didn't know what i was trying to go for at the start but i had a bunch of ideas that needed put down somewhere so that was by making the first cover and writing the first few chapters.

     what made me want to change the cover today was actually thanks to [Lana Del Rey's] song [Sweet Serial Killer]. if you haven't heard it then go give it a listen right now (it's not new or an "official" release, but it's really good imo). anyway, the song reminded me of this really well written ereri fanfic that i read a long time ago (they stopped updating it sadly) and the vibes from both (and later, a mix of [Heathers]) inspired me to redo the whole thing.

     the color choices i made in the newer one were a mix of a bunch of different themes or aesthetics smashed into one whole thing. at first, i tried to make it a simple and vaporwave-esque type thing, but upon seeing how it wasn't working out i decided to scratch that idea and start over... again [XD]. so i went surfing the internet at vaporwave, 80s, and eventually [Heathers] aesthetics trying to decide on the color scheme i wanted to use. long story short about the colors, i just wanted something other than black, white, grey, or red.

     the picture is a simple explanation: i searched through my saved pictures in my aot folder and found it and was like, ["Yup, that's the one."] it had [Levi] being his possessive self and is actually "holding" [Eren] in his hold. figured it would still give off the yandere vibe i'm giving [Levi] in the story yet retain the creepiness of the overall atmosphere of the story as a whole.

     the last bit i'll coment on is the quote on the cover as well. before it read ["He would commit murder for me."] but it is now changed to ["I won't let anyone come between us."] i like the newer quote a lot more because it adds to [Levi's] possessiveness and his determination. like, do i need to go on and on about how the newer quote fits so much better? it's so good ^~^

     anyway, i've babbled enough about this new cover ('cause i'm really proud of this one) so i'll leave you with it and picking if you want to.

~ Author-san