03

You stirred, turning over on your side to avoid the sun's rays shining through your window. A few seconds later you shift again in an attempt to get comfortable and fall asleep. This happens again, again, and again.

Finally, you sit up angrily while blinking slowly, letting your eyes adjust to the brightness in your room. Turning to your right you find what caused a disturbance in your sleep; you had left your curtains open. You sighed, silently reminding yourself not to forget to shut the curtains anymore.

You slowly turn to your left to look at the clock hanging on your wall, only to become confused. According to your clock, the time was currently midnight, but the sun shining through your window begged to differ. Ah, I forgot to change the batteries.. You laid back down on your bed, reaching over to grab your phone and check the time.

"Eight am? Huh, I thought it was already noon.." You yawned and pulled your blanket over your body, slowly falling back into a peaceful slumber.

Suddenly, reality hit.

You flung your blanket off of you and jumped out of bed, scrambling to get changed into your school uniform. The sleepiness you felt earlier seemingly evaporated into thin air as you realized that today was the first day of school. You couldn't believe such an important day completely slipped your mind.

After changing you rushed down the stairs to see your grandma placing your lunch down on the counter. Hearing your loud footsteps she turned to look at you and smiled, "I was just about to wake you up, did you sleep well?"

"No! I mean yes! But I think I'm going to be late!" You babbled, quickly stuffing your lunch into your backpack and thanking her for making it.

Your grandma watched as you ran to the front door in a panic trying to quickly slip on your shoes. She laughed, "Sweetie the school isn't that far from here. You're not late."

It seemed as though her words went in through one ear and out the other because the moment you slipped on your shoes you shouted a quick 'love you bye!' and dashed out the door.

Your grandma shook her head and laughed. Your liveliness brought a warmth into her home that she hadn't felt in awhile, and she gladly welcomed it.

 Your liveliness brought a warmth into her home that she hadn't felt in awhile, and she gladly welcomed it

You were beginning to think that maybe, just maybe, your grandma was right.

After jogging for a bit you started to notice other students wearing the same uniform as you. Unlike you though, they were walking as if they had all the time in the world. You stopped jogging after you got weird stares.

You quickly reached the school and followed a group of girls inside the building. Once inside you saw many students crowding around a board looking for their classes. Among the horde of people you noticed a guy with long black hair and glasses. You stared for a moment. He looks cute.. you think, but quickly shake your head. First the guy from the bakery and now this stranger? I think I have a type..