2

Caroline plops down on Sidrah's sofa and brings her legs up with her.

Sidrah rolls her eyes. "I can't believe I let you talk me into this," she says, as she sits on the floor.

With a lazy smile, Caroline plays with the ends of her hair.

"That's because there's a small part of you who knows I'm right. This will work, Sidrah!" Caroline says hardening her voice.

"Yeah, yeah." she says, "So what's the plan, exactly?"

Caroline sits up abruptly, "I am GLAD you asked," pulling out her phone, Caroline continues, "Two pretty best friends, remember?" Sidrah reluctantly nods, "This is phase one."

Caroline holds her phone up to Sidrah. It's the Instagram login page.

"We need to start a fresh, clean slate. That means new Instagrams." she whips her phone back around and starts typing.

"We need a big following, an aesthetic, and an alias. We are gonna reinvent ourselves."

When Caroline turns her phone around, Sidrah is presented with a blank Instagram account named, @viv.e.in.

"Viv-E-In?" Sidrah says aloud, squinting at Caroline's too-bright phone screen.

"Vivienne," Caroline says grinning, there's a glint in her eyes. "Doesn't it suit me?" Caroline smiles and falls onto the sofa, relaxed.

"You're crazy." Sidrah says with a laugh, "Why not just stick with 'Caroline'?"

Sidrah rubs a hand down her face, exhausted.

"If I ever wanna be NEAR Casper Mason, I need to be the perfect It girl. The name Caroline is too old and outdated, but Vivienne... Vivienne is chic, sexy, alluring. It's perfect."

Caroline softly smiles, as she continues typing.
This is it. A new chance at life, and the potential to become someone great.

"Plus I'm viewing this whole thing as sort of rebirth, why not change my name?"

"What should my name be?" Sidrah takes out her phone and starts to create her new account.

Caroline— or Vivienne— hums quietly, deep in thought.

"Hey, I don't have to call you Vivienne, right? It's a little weird.." Sidrah trails off, she's resorted to looking at baby naming websites.

"Well, I guess you don't have to, but if we're ever in one of those high-class parties or something you should call me 'Vi.' Like we're characters on Gossip Girl." Caroline snorts.

Sidrah laughs,"Hey, how about Lea?"

Caroline squints at her, trying to imagine her, as her friend 'Lea.' Sidrah poses and flips her hair over her shoulders, dramatically.

"Mmm, Nah," Caroline says " you don't look like a Lea."

Sidrah deflates, already tired of searching for names.

"It has to be something that suits you and is believable. How about Seleenaaaaa?" Caroline asks. She draws out the name adding a shimmy for extra flare.

Sidrah rolls her eyes and smiles. "Selena's not that bad."

She starts typing out a new username. She lifts her phone to show Caroline.

"@Sels.wrld," Caroline says.

Vivienne and Selena.

Selena and Vivienne.

Caroline smiles, she can already picture the headlines.

"Woah Woah Woah! Not so fast. This is a good start but what comes next? we aren't exactly celeb material.." Sidrah says, lifting her arms and gesturing toward the rest of her 'apartment'.

Sidrah, just like Caroline, lives in a disgrace of an apartment. It's just a very small room with a sink, a mini fridge, and a moldy communal bathroom down the hall. Caroline is amazed at how Sidrah can somehow fit a sofa, a twin mattress, and a TV in here.

Caroline winces, " Yeah..." she looks around and is suddenly reminded of her own 'apartment' she winces again.

"It doesn't matter," Caroline speaks with new determination "what matters is what comes next. Our transformation. Online we can live completely different lives. Think of the possibilities. We'll share just enough on social media to give off a certain vibe and lifestyle that'll lure people in."

"And we somehow need to get on Caspar Mason's radar."  Sidrah says gloomily. She looks up at Caroline expectantly.

Caroline always had an answer for everything. No matter what fucked up situation they were in Caroline always had the key to get out. Some plans were better than others but they always ended up free.
"Baby steps." Caroline declares, "Remember, our instagrams are fake and theres a big possibility his is too. Even if what he posts are fake there's paparazzi everywhere, one of us will surely  accidentally bump into him." Caroline mischievously grins.

"and by 'one of us' what you really mean is you." Sidrah deadpans.

Caroline dramatically puts both hands over her heart and falls back onto the sofa. Sidrah rolls her eyes shaking her head.

"Im not THAT predictable, am I?" Caroline says in misery. "Don't answer that. Sidrah, when have I ever left you behind?"

Throughout all the elaborate plans and schemes Sidrah couldn't help but wonder what were Caroline's true intentions. Would there ever be a day where Caroline's ego would take over?
Sidrah's seen it before, her best friend's ego motivating her to anything possible to get what she wants.
Sidrah shakes her head to clear her thoughts. "You're right," Sidrah says relaxed, "We are in this together."

"I'm sure Caspar has TONS of friends constantly surrounding him. Once they get a look at you they'll be on their knees." Caroline said genuinely. "So, are you in?"

"Fuck it, why not?" Sidrah brings her shoulders up in a shrug, "Its not like my life can get any worse."

"Fucking cheers to that," Caroline says in agreement lifting her beer. "Cheers to new beginnings and second chances." Caroline adds, standing up.

"To Vivienne and Selena!" Sidrah exclaims loudly.

They clink their bottles and take a swing.