Threat

'I want to show you something, Thomas. Come onto my ship,' the strange man demanded.

'What do you want to show me? Whatever it was, it couldn't be good. I sensed that this had all been planned, the strange man and black hole were connected somehow. But I had no idea how, and why was he so interested in me?

'Come here, and you'll see. It's something I can promise you'll have never seen before. It's something extraordinary, something you need to see. Something no human has ever seen.'

I didn't trust whatever he was, I doubted he was even human. This was all a trick of some kind; he had a purpose for me. But what?

'I'm not coming, there are people hurt here, I need to send for help. I don't have time to play games with you. I don't understand what is happening, I'm not even sure you are real. 'Leave me alone,' I shouted; my patience having broken long ago.

'I'll make it very simple for you. You must come with me, you don't have a choice, and neither do I. If you want anyone on the station to survive, you will come with me.'

I looked over at the bodies on the floor, I knew only of one survivor, Emma. But there was sure to be more on the station. But did I want to risk letting more die? I didn't know.

'What's that meant to mean? I asked, knowing all too well what he intended to do.

'You know what it means. I know very well that you're not stupid. You're quite the opposite. I would know that, wouldn't I? I know all about you.' I saw his ship appear again through the window, it was enormous, appearing to be ten times bigger than the station. It was aimed directly at me, lurking in space.

'I didn't see any weapons on the ship. It's a piece of junk.' I said, my voice quivering as my confident façade broke down.

'I don't need them; the ship is the weapon. You have five seconds.'

He sounded so confident, so sure of himself. Every word was chosen to threaten me. He counted down.

'Five.'

I stood frozen.

'Four.'

I didn't know what to do.

'Three.'

My hands were clammy.

'Two.'

I felt sweat trickling down my back.

'One.'

'What have you decided?' he demanded.

I weighed up my options. I highly doubted the station could survive a direct impact from his ship. But he seemed determined to get me to come. I wondered if he would risk killing me. But... I didn't have the nerve to test him.

'I'll come; not like you gave me a choice.'

I saw the ship begin to slowly descend to the docking area. It looked old, much older than this station even. Bits of it looked like scrap.

'Good, she will be pleased.'

She? So, a woman wanted me.

'Who is she?' I asked

'You'll find out. Now get aboard, I'm docked up with the station,' he said as an image appeared on my PDD. His lips forced into a sneering smile.

I didn't like any of this, but I didn't know what to do. I had to do as he demanded, at least for now. If not, everyone would die, including me. I made my way to the boarding segment and walked through the umbilical onto the strange ship.