Darkness

My eyes readjusted after a few seconds as I emerged into a bright light. The ship was gone, the copy of me was gone. I was standing on a large platform, it seemed to float above a chasm. I looked down into it, all I could see was blackness. Great chunks of rock and space debris drifted above my head. A figure stood near the precipice, looking ahead at something. She was made up of pure light, resembling a human woman, in her hand, she carried a small piece of rock, covered in strange symbols.

'You must be Thomas; I am so delighted to see you at last,' she said as she turned to me. Her eyes were a bright blue, similar to mine.

'I assume you are Eterna. Why am I here?' I asked.

She scowled, 'How do you know who I am? You aren't meant to know!' She threw her arm up, causing a blast of energy to cascade into the platform. I jumped back instinctively, but there was no damage. There wasn't even a mark.

'I hate this accursed place. I can't even take out my rage on it.' She screamed.

'The thing you sent told me. Where did it go?' I asked.

'I knew he wasn't perfect. It's not possible unless I have living tissue. I destroyed that monstrosity as soon as you arrived. He was just an experiment anyway; it'll be much easier now that you're here.' She smirked.

'What do you mean an experiment? Why do you want me? Why am I important?' I asked.

I needed to think of a way out of this, there must be something—some way.

'I made him, I crafted him to look like you, think like you. You see, Thomas. I'm trapped here. It's been millennia since I was free. You are very special. Indeed, you are compatible. I've never seen a human be eligible and I intend to make full use of you. Every single part.'

'Make use of me?' I asked.

'Yes, I need to use your cells to create a new body for myself. You won't survive the process of course, but don't worry about that.'

Wait, the stone she had in her hand. I remembered it from somewhere. But where? The dream! I had seen someone being burned by the stone, it was her, wasn't it? She was the one being burnt. I just had to get hold of the stone, and I could save myself. Simple. I rushed towards her, yanking the stone out of her hand. She didn't move or try to take it back. She just looked at me, an amused expression upon her face. It reminded me of the way an adult looks at a child.

I held it aloft and chanted... nothing. I didn't know what to say or what to do. I ran away, holding the stone. But there was nowhere to go, no way to escape. I looked back at her, I tried to move, but I was frozen in place, only able to look on as Eterna stared at me, smirking.

'Did you forget that I can see inside your mind, I wanted you to try. It was entertaining to watch, but the fun is over now. I'm going to remould you now, try to relax. It will only hurt... until you die.' She said, cackling as it went black.