∷∷ Part 8 ∷∷

Hola, I hope you are enjoying this story. This is probably the first time I've REALLY enjoyed writing on Wattpad. And I'm glad to see this book grow! No matter how little it may be. Although, in terms of characters one thing's for sure you will dislike a storyline that has been brewing since the first chapter and should become more explicit in the later chapters. 😉

Enjoy, 

Garrick 

I cannot believe it. She tricked me. I was going to spend the rest of my day going to the gym and then having a marathon of my favourite television show. Instead, I'm having to look after my nieces. Gemma and Chloe. I may be in the time where I'm completely eligible to start a family but that doesn't mean I can look after two little babies. I thought I would be meeting with my sister and having a little catch-up together, we've been apart for months now.

"You only have to look after them for a day and I'll come and get them" she said to me before handing the twins to me. I hesitantly agreed, she was my sister and it was a kind thing to do. I'm back at my apartment alone staring at their cute faces whilst crouching on the floor

"Are you enjoying your lives?" I ask them, Gemma stares into my soul and Chole is too busy playing with a stuffed toy. I bury my face into my hands. Of course, they can't talk but they're not crying so there's obviously something wrong with them.

The apartment door opens with Xavier holding bags of food.

"What's with the babies?" He said goggling at them.

"I'm looking after Nieces today; I really need assistance right now" Xavier closes the door and chuckles quietly.

"You are on your own Garrick" His reply makes me stand up and follow him to the kitchen "Oh come on, handling infants isn't so hard. They only feed, burp sleep and poo, nothing we can't handle"

"Ask one of the girls, they would know more about babies than me" His face suddenly turns cold "Heck the first time I ever saw an was at age 18" It wasn't fair to keep pouncing him. With the things he's been through I can't blame him.

I sigh in defeat "Alright then" I walk over to my nieces pick up their bassinets. I say my goodbyes to Xavier and start heading off to Rhea's apartment which was only a few blocks from here. There was no need to use my car and waste my petrol.

-

-

-

I knock on the door and it takes at least 15 seconds for the door to be opened by someone.

"Hello" I smile.

"For some reason, I didn't expect to see your face" Noelle said. Her eyes trail to the bassinets "Just come in" She moves out the doorway and I thank her. She was always a nice person to see.

"Are you able to help me take care of these cuties?" Please say yes. Please say yes. Please say yes.

"I have nothing else to do, sure" She shrugs lightly putting her hands in her back pocket. As if it was rehearsed, baby Gemma begins wailing. Noelle's face softens, "Look how cute she is"

"Babies crying are cute to you?" I question the way people think all the time. She looks up at me as a sign of consent to hold her and I nod. Noelle had Gemma in her arms bouncing the infant lightly.

I take Chloe out of her bassinet and place her on the brown sofa. I really hope she doesn't start crying with her sister.

"I love babies. The way they work is so interesting" Noelle said, her face brightening in awe.

"They're alright; it's just their unpredictability is the thing that scares me. She sits down next to Chloe with a calmly soothed Gemma.

"Tell me something about yourself" I said to her. There was so much I don't know about her and well, I'm interested.

"You know how I told you that I moved here because of the job in the company right?"

I nod.

"I also did it to escape my life back in another city. Where my mom passed way due to pneumonia" She said quietly. "I just couldn't accept the fact she was dead and so I fled and let someone else prepare her funeral. And now I can't even fix it. I've failed as a daughter, haven't I?" She sniffs.

"Be easy with yourself. Losing a parent isn't a nice time to go through especially with such a strong bond. Having time to accept does not mean failure to be a good daughter it means quite the opposite" Sincerely, I think Noelle's great. Smart, funny and beautiful. I can't see her all sad and not do anything.

I take Gemma out of Noelle's hands to hold her myself.

"Now I've ruined the mood"

Before I got to answer, Imani entered the apartment. Her eyes were puffy, her hair was puffy and she was walking funny.

"Everything ok Imani?"

"I just a have a fever Garrick, I'll be fine." I could she had a blocked nose. This was the reason why she hated the colder seasons.

"If you told me sooner, I would've made you soup"

"You'resweet" She takes longer than few steps just to go upstairs. Noelle and I watchher the whole way.

This one is short I know. For some reason I wasn't feeling the emotion I usually feel. Hoped you like this chapter nonetheless. Vote if you enjoyed and comment your thoughts.

Next chapter might take a bit longer than usual as I need to get my head back on track 

See you guys again on another point of view