Chapter 22: Clues Add Up

"But how?"

I was pacing the room, trying to think of how Harley killed them. I couldn't bring myself to believe that he did but it was all making sense at the moment.

"Aubrey killed his father.. Harley wanted revenge and went after them. I'm not sure how old he was at the time but he had to of.. learnt about all of this and personally killed them."

Cody was staring at me as I was walking around, putting all the pieces together and finally figuring it all out.

"So.. why is he after you?"

"To kill of the rest of the Collins." I said, which made a chill go down my spine.

Cody nods before looking back at the screen as we were both watching Harley's location. I was making sure I had an eye out for him at all times cause I knew he was coming after me and my family.

"It's all making sense now. Everything. I'm putting pieces together and Aubrey is trying to show me how everything happened but Harley.. is the one in the dream pulling me back. He doesn't want me seeing how it happened."

"If you find all this out.. you do know there's nothing you can do about it now? The case has been closed for years and Harley doesn't exist anymore to where if they do match his fingerprints then nothing can be done."

I nod as I understood that.

I wasn't going to get justice for my grandmothers death. This had nothing to do with that anymore.

It was more serious.

"I want revenge."

I may not have met my grandmothers but they were still a part of me and my family.

After that day at Cody's, I was more than ready for Harley to show his face here. I wanted him to walk to my front door cause I was ready for him.

The next week came and nothing happened.

It was a little too quiet as far as Harley not sending me notes anymore.

He knew I knew who he was and I was already one step ahead of him.

I just needed to figure out how to end it all.

Noah knew everything by now and he was slowly understanding why all of this was happening. I had to make sure he didn't say a word to my moms or anyone else.

The days were getting shorter now and fall was right around the corner, which I could feel it in the air and I loved it.

Halloween was only a month away and I was excited for it.

Something about the fall time made me super happy.

"Alright everyone, make sure you do all the assignments and get ready for the quiz next week."

Miss River dismissed the class as the bell rung and everyone started packing up their things.

Ever since that day, Miss River has been a little off. I wasn't sure if she remembered anything but I knew she never said a word to my moms about it.

It was just weird.

She has been coming over a few times, hanging out with my moms and Lyla has been there too. I would take her to my room and play dolls with her as the adults talked downstairs.

Miss River makes eye contact with me every once in a while and I could feel it all throughtout class. I wasn't sure what was going through her head but she was keeping something in.

"Aubriana, care to stay back a moment?"

I turn around and came face to face with her as she was leaning on the desk with her arms crossed. I turn my head towards the door as the last student left then looked back at her.