Chapter 24: More Evidence

"Why are we at the junk yard?"

I took Noah with me to the junk yard on Saturday morning cause I wanted to find out if my grandmothers car was here cause it obviously had to be sent to a junk yard after the crash.

"I'm looking for my grandmothers car."

He looks at me before grabbing my arm, making me stop. "Aubrey.. your grandmothers died several.. several years ago. You really think they still have their car? It's long gone."

"You don't know that." I pull my arm back before walking away, looking around the junk yard.

The cars here looked pretty old, maybe a few years and they were all smashed up. I couldn't really tell what the car was but I was determined to find their car.

"How do you know what the car looks like?"

"In my dreams. I know the color, make and model."

"And that's going to help?"

I nod as I look around before a man starts walking towards us. He smiles at us before introducing himself as the owner of the junk yard.

"What are you looking for?"

"Um.. a two thousand and ten, Toyota Corolla. Silver."

He nods before rubbing his chin, looking around the junk yard. I was watching him as he was squinting his eyes before looking back over at me.

"You know the VIN number?"

I shook my head. "No."

He nods before telling us to follow him.

This place was massive and I never knew it was this big. I was looking at all the cars that were piled up in the distance and some were already crushed as we walked past them.

We walked through a lot of cars that were close together and it was hard to get to them. I was making sure not to get stuck as Noah was behind me, doing the same thing.

Once we made it out, the man stops and holds his arms out towards a car that was behind all the other cars.

"This is the only car we have that matches your description." He crosses his arms as I walked towards the car and was looking around it.

I stopped once I saw the top part smashed as if it was flipped. I ran my hand over it and leaned over to look inside of it as everything was pretty much moldy and falling apart.

It was hard to identify anything inside the car cause it was so old.

"We've had this for a while. My grandfather owned this place way back in the day. He never got rid of it."

Looking over at him, I walked around the car and looked at it more before looking inside at the front of the car.

I saw something hanging on the rearview mirror inside and I asked the man if I could take it out.

"Go ahead. If you two need anything, come find me." He walks away afterwards.

Noah walks over and I was leaning in the car, grabbing the thing on the rearview. I pulled it out and looked at it as it was a picture but I couldn't tell what was on it cause it was all moldy and the picture had already lost its color.

"You think this is it?" He looks around.

"This is it." I said as I was staring at the picture.

Noah was walking around, looking at the car then looks over at me once he was on the other side of the car. "There's a shirt in the backseat."