Chapter 4: Together

"Hey Alex! How's it going?" Hondo greeted, as he finished suiting up at home.

He had a couple of errands to complete downtown, including finishing up with Internal Affairs about the Franken Doc case that almost cost him his job. Since Street was going to be out, Tan requested early leave to catch a plane for his nephew's birthday celebrations this weekend and the other two were working with the recruits all day, Hicks granted him the full shift to get everything done down at the courthouse, plus deliver some reports to two local precincts. He didn't complain at all, since he was planing to have an easy going weekend... finally! The latest months have been rough on him and he needed to just grab the couch and be a bum.

"Hey Hondo! Doing good. Took some time this weekend to take the family out. Cost a fortune! Better start saving from now, partner." he said with a smirk.

Hondo smirked alongside with him, shaking his head. He only had a slight idea of what awaited him, but he could only cross his fingers. "Word." he paused, "Hey listen, um...how's Street's case coming? You think the judge will go easy on 'em today?"

"To be honest, I'm surprised the judge is handling the case at all. There are no charges involved, so technically the hearing is supposed to be conducted in family court. So, I don't get involved, don't need to anyway. There's no one to defend, really. Heard that Rogers personally asked for the case, minding that he and the family court judge, I think his name is Green, are pals. I assumed they talked and Rogers asked for it."

"Damn! Green is much easier to work with, Alex." Hondo lamented

"Oh, yeah, for sure. Rogers is among the toughest of them all!"

"Alright, alright." Hondo said slowly

"I'll tell you what. I got some time before I start prepping my witness now. I'll give Street a call. Ok?"

"You're a life saver, Alex."

"No, actually, you are...and I will be forever grateful!"

The smell of freshly cooked bacon, eggs, sweet pancakes and many other menu items filled the air as Street, Chris and Rubio made their way to the corner booth. Street held Chris' hand and Rubio directed traffic. The diner was so crowded that even the counter stools were all filled. Street and company were lucky enough to arrive just in time as another family stood up and left, vacating the booth. A young bus boy came quickly and prepared the table as they made their way to it.

"Your waitress will be with you shortly." the young man said grabbing everything and wiping the table clean.

"Fabián?" Rubio asked, recognizing the young man

"¡Híjole, Rubio!" (Hey Rubio!) said the guy extremely excited. He held the container with the dirty dishes and the cleaning rag with one hand to his hip, while offering his wrist for Rubio to greet. He wore an excited smile, from ear to ear. "¿Tu cómo éstas, chamo?" (How are you, dude?)

"Estamos bien. Que bueno verte. Trátame a mi y a mis viejos bien." (We're good. It's nice to see you. You better treat me and my folks well.) he said with a smile, returning the gesture. He finished by pointing to the couple, who sat across from him.

The shy young man turned to Street and Chris and bowed his head, then returned his attention to Rubio. "De ahorita, ¡guey! Oye, y gracias porque Laurita es una chama guapísima. Ya llevamos 3 meses, ¡guey!" (Immediately, dude! Hey, and thanks coz Laurita is so hot. We've been together for 3 months already, man!) the young man say excitedly

"Acho*, ¡que duro! Dale. ¡Cuidate, Fabi!" (**Awesome! Ok. Take care, Fabi!) Rubio said with a smile.                                                        *no real translation, cultural expression*