Chapter 2 - So Tired of Waiting

...

I'm sure everyone who's gone to school has, at least once, felt a sort of anxiety while waiting for school to end. An anxious feeling, where you stare at the clock, watching the seconds tick by slowly, your anxiousness somehow making each second drag on more and more.

I've felt like that all day.

Granted, school on Saturday is only a half day, but still, my nerves have been messing with me since yesterday. Yes, Japan has school on Saturdays. Really fucked me up when I found out in this life.

Anyways, my date is tomorrow and my nerves have been shot to hell since. I'm not the kinda person to get like this, but I've never been on a date before, so I suppose it's fine. This afternoon, I'm gonna try to plan it out. I don't know much about Koneko, but one think I do know that she likes is her namesake, cats. She always wears a pair of cat shaped hairclips, so that gives me an idea. Plus, it's something we have in common, since I had two cats in my past life.

So here I am, stuck at the end of the school's day, just after noon, slowly watching the clock tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tock.

RIIIIIIIIING

As the clock hits the hour, the bell rings, signaling all of us to pack up and leave.

"Say, Issei." A female voice calls from beside me. "Got any plans for the weekend?" I turn to see the owner of the voice, Kiryuu Aika, probably the only sane person in this school, other than myself. She has messy light brown hair, tied in pigtails. Thin, pink glasses frame her eyes, which are an odd shade of green. Ochre, I think it's called?

Guys in this school are massive horndogs, girls are somehow even worse. Despite this, the Perverted Duo always get the shit kicked out of them, none of them realizing the hypocrisy here. The only difference between them and the Duo is that those two are super open about their perversities. Aika, on the other hand, is somehow more perverted than anyone in the fucking school, yet is sane. Shocking, I know.

The girls always fawn over that Kiba guy in another class, and buy into gossip and all, but not Aika. She actually has a rational mind and doesn't drool over that Kiba guy. We sit next to each other in most classes. She talked to me a couple of times at the start of the semester and we became a sort of friends, despite my psuedo-avoidance of friends.

Oh one more thing. She can measure a guy's dick through his pants. Don't ask me how, I have no fucking clue.

Due to her geeky looks, guys avoid her. Due to her perverseness, girls avoid her. She's in this weird place amongst the school's society. I suppose that's why we hit it off. We also share a hatred of honorifics and last names, so we just call each other 'Issei' and 'Aika'.

"I've got some, yeah." I say to her.

"Oh~, do you have a date?" She says with a cheeky grin and a teasing voice. She always does shit like this.

"Yeah, actually."

She goes ramrod straight, eyes wide. "Really?" She asks, monotone, to which I nod. "You have a date?"

"Yeah?" I ask, hesitantly. "Is that so weird?"

" "YOU HAVE A DATE?!" " Two voices shout. Turning my head, I'm face to face with the Duo I mentioned before. I don't care to describe their appearance, or to remember their names. One's bad, one has hair and glasses. Done. They're also shouting right in front of my face, like goddamn animals. I don't get angry easily, but these two really piss me off.

"If you don't get out of my face, I'm gonna break yours. Now back the fuck up." I growl out, they shrink back. Fuckin' pussies.

"It's not fair!" One of them wails. "How can someone as bland as you get a date?"