All Aboard

🍂 Lily 🍂

Marlene recounts a wild story about visiting her muggle family in London. Her hands wave around and she talks animatedly. One of my favourite things about Marls is her enthusiasm. It makes everyone want to listen. But even her story isn't enough to take my focus from James. His eyes follow Marlene and he seems to be paying attention, but I know his mind is elsewhere.

I shouldn't be so worried about James, it's not like we're together. But we have sorta become friends. After the incident with Severus, we began to understand each other better. He's also becoming less of a total bloke, which helps. Marls has always been friends with Sirius and Remus, Alice and I had been working together in the library for years. So my friendship with James was practically unavoidable. Whether I liked it or not, I'd spent a lot of time near James throughout these years. I'd seen him make a total fool of himself, pulling half arsed pranks with Sirius, or picking stupid fights with big brutes from Slytherin like Malfoy or Lestrange. Yet, I'd also watched him explain transfiguration incantations to Peter, or walk homesick first years to the Owlery to send their letters home, I'd watched the stupid bloke break his hundredth pair of glasses sticking up for muggle born students. While the immature things James did never really went away, the longer I've seen him, the more good I've discovered. Which made it so much harder to see the look on his face.