Chapter 25 | Italian Class

MALIAS POV:

"A boxing match?" I sigh, rubbing my forehead in regret. Ruth laughs, pulling her hair out of her leather jacket before swinging an arm around my shoulders.

"Not just any match," She starts, pulling out a cigarette, "It's the biggest match of the year." I roll my eyes, folding my arms as we walk down a dark street.

The smell of weed and sweat fills my nose, music vibrating under my feet. Groups of people roam the streets, smoking and laughing together.

The road might be dark, but that isn't stopping these people from strutting down the streets as they own them.

"Is this boxing match held underground?" I ask, glancing to find Ruth flirtatiously grinning at a guy. Elbowing her shoulder, she quickly turns to me.

"The match is held underground, and it's held in an abandoned FBI team headquarters." She replies, muttering a snarky reply to someone that bumped into her.

"Rumor has it that the secret FBI team was connected to an ancient Mafia." She whispers to me, leading me down a concrete staircase. "What do you mean ancient Mafia?" Crouching down to go under the roman arch.

She doesn't reply, knocking on the concrete wall in an unknown pattern. It stays silent for a moment before the concrete wall slowly opens.

Smoke fills the air before someone walks toward us. It feels like my whole body is vibrating with the beat of the music. How have they not been caught already with the music this loud?

No fucking way.

Roman smirks, bowing at us before putting a hand to his heart. "Ruth, it's my honor to open the door for your sexy ass. So, when are we going to fu-" Ruth punches his arm, rolling her eyes as she pushes past him.

"Save it, Petrov. We're not fucking ever." She says as she turns around to look at him, winking at him before dragging me into the smoke-filled underground quarters.

Roman laughs heartily, putting a hand on my back as he follows us in, "Malia," He sighs, looking up at the ceiling. "I didn't think Ruth would bring you; you don't seem like a boxing type of girl." He says, his green eyes sparkling with mischief.

He looks the same since I last saw him, tattoos everywhere, a cheeky smile with dimples, ripped and gelled back hair. He was similar to Kade in a way, both of them towering at the height of 6'6.

"Well," I reply, slapping his hand off my back, "you must not know much about me, then," I say with a fake smile, turning around to walk away with Ruth.

Italian rap blasted in my ears, the boxing ring illuminated by red lights. The room is packed, making Ruth and I swerve around people to get towards the bar.

Finally, with a sigh, Ruth orders a shot before turning to me. "Okay," She says, taking her iPhone out of her pocket, "I have a call to take. It'll only be ten minutes. Just stay here. I've got eyes on you, so you should be fine." She shouts over the music, giving me a smirk before walking into a hallway.

I need a fucking shot.

_____________________________________

Five minutes pass, and I already feel like going back to the villa, burying myself in my covers while I watch a cute rom-com. The bartender gives me a cheeky smile before refilling my drink, no doubt seeing my spirits down.

Few people are at the bar since most are grinding on each other like wild animals. I sigh, flipping my hair onto one side before closing my eyes.

"I didn't think you would show up, Malia." A deep voice vibrates from behind me, sending shocks down my spine. I turn around, catching Kade looking down at me. The sight of him shirtless made me clench my thighs together. I've thought even a six-pack is impressive, but this?

His thick muscles ripple under the red lights, you could even see his veins down below peeking out through his boxer shorts. He looks like he is built like a Greek God, not even worthy of being looked at.

He almost looks too perfect, sculpted by Aphrodite herself.

His striking green eyes meet mine, pulling and locking me in. I gulp, turning back as I take a big swish of my drink.

"Well, I did," I say sharply, crossing my legs as I try to get the image of Kade shirtless out of my mind. Kade leans behind me, his lips touching my ear as he says. "Questa lotta è per te, amore mio. Un giorno mi vedrete di nuovo degno di voi." His hand presses into the bar counter, caging me in from behind.

"E amo la vista di te da me suscitata. Forse un giorno mi lascerai adorare." He says, breathing softly on my neck before retreating.

I should've taken that Italian class.