Velocity

Next Day...

   After waking up I got dressed and went down stairs of Joes house to see no one here so I quickly grabbed something to eat before heading out.

   I was running at super speed around Central City with a big smile on my face, but as I ran I saw a mugger trying to take this ladies purse so I quickly changed directions and apprehended the mugger before dropping him in front of the CCPD doors before I sped into an empty elevator and slowed down while fixing my attire.

DING.

   After the elevator opened I walked out only to get applause from officers happy to see me before I saw Captain Singh walking towards me to which I stood with my back straight only to sigh in relief when he smiled at me.

   "Welcome back Jason, and if you are ready to get to work I got a case for you." Singh said to which I nodded before he sent me to meet Joe and Barry at this warehouse for my case of arson.

Warehouse...

After speeding over to the warehouse I walk inside to see Barry and Joe talking.

"WHATS UP PARTY PEOPLE!" I yelled out causing everyone to turn and smile in my direction as Joe clapped my shoulder with a smile happy to see his other son is alright.

"What are you doing here Jace?" Barry asked.

"Captain put me on this case." I stated as Barry nodded.

"Well, definitely a meta-human. He was like made of sand." Barry said as I arched an eyebrow.

"A real life Sand Man." I said with a chuckle as a blonde officer walked over and started complimenting Barry's work as a CSI before guiding us to where she thought the fire started showing us a bundle of wires that were cut very precisely before giving Barry a sample of the sand to which i nudged Joe in the side with a question look.

"I'll tell you later." Joe whispered to which I nodded before him and I walked off leaving Barry with Patty.

"So how are you doing son?" Joe asked as we got into his car.

"I'm doing alright. I just feel like I missed a lot I guess." I stated with a shrug as Joe nodded understanding.

"You know Barry will always need you right." Joe said as I sighed knowing Joe could always see right through me.

"Maybe, but he has powers now and he's the flash why would he still need me?" I asked as I looked out the window as Joe sighed before he started driving off to Star Labs.