Is Easier

How he got home, he couldn't remember. A doctor had taken care of his wound, and he was laying on his bed, face down. His eyes were out of tears.

His mother was in the living room, drinking and probably snorting cocaine.

"Hey, aren't you the Hutch boy?!" Jackie had demanded as he entered the nursing home cafeteria.

"Aren't you the Dover kid!?" Fred had yelled back, anger boiling his voice. The two boys had walked up to eachother and punched eachother in the face, being dragged apart by the adults and older kids.

"Hey, what's wrong with you two?" Had one of the older girls said. Her name had been Jade.

"That bitch's dad killed my father!" Jackie had yelled, pointing at Fred.

"No, yours killed mine!"

Their fathers had killed eachother a few weeks back and the children had been sent to the nursing home. It had been late May.

Screaming into his pillow, Jackie rolled over. His stomach was craving food, since he hadn't eaten in two days. He grunted and stepped up, barely able to hold his balance as he fell to the ground, causing a loud thump that the downstairs neighbors would complain about any minute.

He scrambled up, opening the door of his room and stepping out. The smell of smoke and alcohol filled the appartment. He walked into the living room silently, making sure his mother couldn't hear him as he sneaked up behind her and grabbed one of her bottles of vodka and two plastic bags of cocaine

He stumbled back into his room, closing the door behind him before sitting down on the messy floor. He snatched a dollar from under the bed, rolling the paper into a perfectly shaped straw. He gathered the cocaine on the floor, making three long lines of the powder.

Taking a deep breath, he put the end of the dollar straw in the beginning of the first line and connected the other end to his left nostril. He started inhaling the drug and taking the whole line at once.