When I'm Dead

Once he had done all the lines, he swallowed the full bottle of vodka all at once. The stinging hurt everywhere, but that was pretty much the point. Jackie yelled and got to his feet.

"Fuck it," he muttered and opened the window in his room. He was on the tenth floor of the building, making the jump lethal. At least he'd meet Fred again.

"Hey Hutch kid!" Jackie had yelled a month after they met. Fred had turned around and once he'd seen Jackie, he'd blushed. The two were smiling as they came closer to eachother.

"Jackie," Fred had said while smiling his lovely smile. At that moment, Jackie had kissed his lips. Fred had been caught off guard, but soon put his hands so familiarly on Jackie's buzzed head and kissed him back.

They broke apart, staring at eachother. After that, they kissed again.

Jackie opened the window sloppily, looking down. Nobody was there, only the hard concrete floor and a couple of rats.

They had run off, laughing. Jade yelled after them to come back, but they hadn't. They had run to a tree house that Fred had built a few years ago. There was food there, that probably wasn't too old. They'd make it a couple of days only up here, then they'd see themselves what to do.

He climbed onto the windowsill, his feet dangling.

Kissing, Fred had pushed him onto the floor of the tree house. They had been making out, their hands on eachother's bodies in blind love. Jackie had let out a huff, but had soon flipped him over so that he himself was on top of the boy. He started to kiss his neck gently, but nothing more than that. That night.

Jackie cried, sobbing hysterically as he remembered Fred, giggling as they for the first time smoked together. When he remembered the kisses, the hugs, the words.

He was hyperventilating as he put his hands on the window, getting ready to push himself down.

"I will see you soon, Fred. I promise," he said, and pushed himself off the windowsill.