~2~

It was like the world fell in slow motion while walking home from school that day, she knew what she had to do, but it didn't feel "allowed" she guessed that even her, who after Pippa Fitz-Amobi's discoveries stayed far away from the main stream of media, besides for weather and local news had been influenced by others words. 

What would it seem like to others looking in; the best friend of a murder victim knocking on the door of Halil Singh's house, the target of all the horrible rumours people made up in the darkest places of their minds. 

Val knocked on the door and yelled her younger brothers name from outside, she saw the door turn, but instead of her brother, her mother was standing in the door frame, she was home earlier than usual today. 

"Valarie, you know you have a key, don't break James's chops, he's already upset enough." 

"What happened?" Valarie questions fumbling with her keys in her left short pocket. pushing them deep with her fingers. 

"Not important!" James yells from the cave in which was his room with a small crack in his voice which made Val's mother snort with laughter. 

Valarie shown a weak smile, which took her mother by surprise, she wasn't shocked, nor offended. She never smiled often, well she smiled, just not a real genuine smile, and this one, this one was closest she had gotten all summer. 

Claudia was her medicine for this, always cracking a joke here and there, she wondered how she was handling everything with Savanna, her father, besides being a high ranking officer was a kind man with a large heart big enough for every trouble Claudia might have. 

OK at this point she was stalling. The knot in her stomach returned from its hiding and she just blurted it out. 

"Were doing a project at school, we have a couple of options for main umbrellas and then we can deep dive into it. I chose criminal law."

Her mother looked up from her sizzling pan on the stove; 

"Oh thats interesting, what are you doing it on?" 

"Sav." 

"Val you know-" 

"It was already approved, it's just a media project." 

 first lie  

well it wasn't completely as lie, just a fib, now for the big bomb drop; 

"And..." 

"And?" 

"Im doing an interview with Halil Singh."