Chapter Seven

Jack was dreaming that he was standing in front of the sleeping wolf but this time it was about to wake up. His body was drawn to its aura and couldn’t help but move forward towards it. He slowly got on his knee and started to pet its soft, midnight dark fur. It was so soft that Jack thought it was like a real pillow.

         As he was petting the sleeping wolf, Jack saw its eyes starting to open and the color was dark brown. When its eyes reached his, they connected and it was like they were seeing to both of their hearts. Jack slowly stood on all four’s and yawned, showing its teeth and fangs. They just stared at each other for awhile just staring until the wolf started to walk towards him but stopped a few inches away from his feet and looked up at him.

         “What does this mean?” he asked to the wolf but it stepped a couple of paces away and ran to him, jumping into his body.

         When that happens, Jack sprung up from his bed and looked around. He was breathing so hard, “Was that really a dream?” he asked himself. Jack checked the time on his phone; it was 6:50 in the morning. He got out of bed and woke himself up by washing his face and brushing his teeth.

         For breakfast he served himself and afterwards he washed the dishes. Somehow he felt very energetic. Jack walked in the living room where he saw Katherine sitting on a chair, going through the files.

         “Do you ever sleep?” Jack asked and sat down with Katherine.

         “Maybe,” she said and picked up one of the girl’s picture.

         “Do you think that Joker is planning on something?” he asked.

         “I know him,” she said, “Joker is going to plan something that would involve me,” she sighed and closed the folder.

         “Do you think the girls will be there?” Jack asked.

         “Joker always keeps his promises,” Katherine said, “I know him too well,”

         “How did you know that Joker and Suzy were siblings?” Jack asked.

         Katherine stared at him for a moment, “Come on we have to go see Shane again,” she said ignoring the question; she stood up to get ready to go out. 

         Outside, the fog was too thick, for Jack it was hard to see anything outside.

         “How am I supposed to walk through this?” he asked.

         “Here,” Katherine gave Jack goggles, “they help see clear in this kind of fog,” she said and started to walk ahead.

         Jack put the goggles on and he couldn’t even see the fog, where the heck did she get these? He wondered and followed Katherine. He watched her walk, she didn’t have goggles on, and she wasn’t even squinting to see through the fog.  How can she go through this fog? Jack needed answers and he knew who was going to tell him.

         When they reached the Master store Katherine came in and put the file on the glass counter, “Shane I need you to do me a favor,” she said.

         Shane sighed, “What do you want me to do?” he asked taking the file back.

         “I want you to keep Jack in the store for me, please,” she said.

         “Wow you saying please,” He said and then nodded, “okay but you’ll have to be careful on what I think you’re about to do,”