Chapter Thirteen

"And the last battle of this round will be Jeff the Killer and (Y/N)!" Splendy announces. My face pales and I gulp.

"That hardly seems fair!" Ben protests. I punch him softly.

"It was random so it might not be." I explain. Jeff gives me a noogie as he passes by.

"See ya in the ring loser." Jeff calls as he walks away.

"Good luck, don't get hurt too badly." EJ calls. I scoff, climbing into the ring after the murderer. We stand on opposite sides of the ring.

"As I said before, anything goes just keep it in the ring and no killing! Ready?"

Jeff stares me down and his wide gein speads wider.

"Set?"

I blow some hair out of my face, rolling up my sleeves.

"Go!"

Jeff lunges at me, knife already drawn. I duck, his knife barely misses me. I slide between his legs, flapping my wing. It gives just the amount of air that I need. I land on his back and dig my knife into his shoulder.

"Argh! You little bitch!" Jeff yells, shoving me off. I hit the ground, knocking the wind out of me. He cackles as he watches me gasp for breathe.

I quickly recover, shooting to my feet. Pain courses down my wing. I glance over to see it folded in half, the wrong way. I wince as I bring it close to me. Jeff pulls my dagger out of his shoulder and throws it out of the ring. I growl, falling onto all fours. Jeff cackles loudly.

"What are you gonna do, scratch me?" Jeff asks. I jump at him, sharp claws extending from my nails. They slash into the killer, causing him to fall back.

Three large gashes are marked across Jeff's chest. I laugh, bringing my hands close to myself. My hands start to glow white. I stare at them in awe.

"What the hell?! How are you doing that?!" Jeff yells, scooting away from me. I giggle quietly, jumping onto him.

I hold my hands to his shoulders and he screams in agony. Marks begins to form under my fingers as his flesh bubbles and boils.

"I give up! Stop it!" Jeff yells. I back up, staring in shock. My hands drop.

"And with the withdrawl of Jeff that battle ends this segment of our tournament!" Splendy yells happily. "We will all meet back here tomorrow!"

I climb out of the ring, nursing my broken wing. I wrap it gently, careful not to hurt it more. Suddenly, two arms wrap around me. My wing falls behind me as I return the embrace. Ben stares at me in shock. EJ pats my head and Toby bounces up and down excitedly.

"That was so cool, (Y/N)!" Toby cheers. I smile at him. Jane lets me go and backs up.

"You kicked ass, (Y/N). It was quite impressive." She compliments. I smile softly.

"Jeff has never forfeit in a battle before so you should feel accomplished." EJ explains. A large grins stretches across my face. "You should be proud of yourself."

"I am!" I cheer. This snaps Ben out of his trance.

"Wha- how did- huh?" Ben questions. I giggle, patting his head.

"How did you do that cool thing with your hands?" Toby asks. I turn to face him.

"I don't know, it just kinda happened." I explain. Suddenly, a tall shadow covers me.

"Its good to see that you've made a full recovery. Now, I have some questions for you, (Y/N)."

"You got it, boss!" I reply, following the retreating man. We make it to his office and he offers me a seat. I take it and he takes his seat at his desk.

"We will be training this ability of yours so it does not get out of hand. You will not be allowed on missions until it is under control. How do you do it?" Slender asks. I ponder for a moment.

"I don't know." I answer. Slender stares at me.

"Do you think about it and it happens?"

"No."

"It can't be incantation based, you don't use words like that. Does it happen randomly?"

"Pretty much, yeah."

"How does this work? It couldn't be... could it..?"

"I am an angel so maybe it has to do with that?"

"You aren't an angel, you are a nephelium. They are different." Slender explains. I furrow my eyebrows.

"I don't know." I reply.

"Emotions based, maybe? Do you feel intense emotion before it happens?"

"I did think that it was hilarious that Jeff asked if I was gonna scratch him and then I did." I explain, laughing quietly. Slender seems confused.

"I've never heard of anything like this. I'll need to consult a comrade." Slender explains. I stare at him in confusion.

"What's a comrade?" I ask. He laughs for a second before regaining his composure.

"It's kind of like a friend but only for buisness reasons." Slender explains. I nod, standing up.

"Can I go now? I want to watch anime with Ben and I have a class with Toby later." I explain. Slender nods.

"You may leave but your class with Toby is cancelled. I have him going on a big mission." Slender explains. I drop my head, turning around.

"Okay, boss..." I sadly mutter, leaving his room. I walk downstairs to find Ben passed out on the couch. Jane is standing over him.

"Just like a baby." She hums, pulling a blanket over him. I smile.

"You are so motherly." I tell her. She glances at me, giggling.

"That's a big work for you, (Y/N)." She rebuttles, taking my hands in hers.

"Thanks." I reply and she laughs some more. "Would you like to do something together? I was gonna watch anime with Ben but, I can't do that now."

"We can talk about the tournament if you would like." Jane offers. I nod and she leads me to the dining room. She rolls out a big posterboard with everyone's names on it.

"Who will I be fighting next?" I ask. Jane shrugs.

"So, the remaining contestants are you, Ben, EJ, LJ, Lui and Sully, Masky, Hoodie, Toby, Candy Pop and Zero. You could be paired up with any of them." Jane explains.

"Did you not make it?" I ask. She smiles at me.

"I lost, but its okay." She explains.

"Who'd you lose to?" I ask. She chuckles.

"Laughing Jack. I never stood a chance." She explains. I nod.

"Anything from the battle that could help me?" I ask. She smiles, sitting across from me.

"Whatever you do, don't look him in the eyes. He can hypnotize you if you do. Don't let him touch you either. His touch can be deadly if he wants it to be. He also plays mind games but I don't think that will bother you seeing as you... uhm.. don't have a lot of social skills." Jane explains. I nod, making a mental note.

"Thank you, Jane." I thank. She smiles and rubs the back of my hand.

"Anything for you, darling~" She replies. My face turns bright red.