FILE 02. witness the launch

[ .. file opened .. ]

__

CHAPTER 2

"What a dramatic sentence. I love it." A short boy said as he clapped slowly, dramatically. He had black hair with red streaks, and he looked Hispanic. His eyes were brown, and they were mischievous. He wore a white hoodie and maroon colored pants, as well as black shoes from Supreme Brand. He had an orange beanie on his head. He said,"It looks like we're 'shipping off', huh?" 

"I'm glad you're excited. For once, someone likes the dramatic flairs I use. My sister hates them." The man said, winking knowingly to the boy. "I'm sorry, but when can we go on the Airship? I can't wait!" Azi said loudly, beaming. "We're about to go live. You know, this is a big moment, so tuck in your shirts, straighten your ties, boys and girls." The man said.

It reminded Azi of those class photos they had to take each year. Azi looked herself up and down. Well, she certainly wasn't dressed very formally, but she liked herself looking that way. Azi looked around at her future crewmembers. Well, they dressed quite casually too. So that was nothing to fear.

"Alright, we're live in three, two, one!" The man said. Azi saw people holding cameras walking alongside them as they followed the man up the metal ramp that would lead them to the Airship. She smiled confidently and held her head high, restraining herself from dashing to the Airship in excitement. 

They reached the door of the Airship. Actually, it wasn't a door, more of a cargo door. Slowly, the red hatch began to lift, creaking open. Azi could hear murmuring passing between the group. To their disappointment, underneath the red hatch was a metal wall.

But they weren't disappointed for long. The metal wall began to descend, revealing a white room behind the wall. There, a man and a woman stood, waiting patiently for the crew. The man had brown hair and green eyes, and his face looked pale and quite anxious. He wore a blue spacesuit with a white, old, captain's hat on his head.  He was actually shorter than Azi, about 5'10.

The woman wore a purple spacesuit. She had brown hair that faded to black, and a bright blue eye.the other eye was covered with a white eyepatch. Her face was pale as well, but she looked happy and excited. She wore a chef's hat on her head. 

"And there you have it, our young astronauts have boarded the Airship!"The man with sandy blonde hair said,"Everyone, this is your pilot, John Rakliffe! Your chef onboard, Katie Jackson!" John nervously waved to the young astronauts and the cameras, while Katie just stood still and nodded once. "I think we should introduce our young crew here now." The man continued.

"Aline Lietner!" Aline waved to the cameras, grinning joyfully. She had fiery red hair that was done up in two space buns, way too red for it to be natural. She had hazel eyes and a nose piercing. Matching her hair, her spacesuit was also red. Azi didn't think she'd met her before, so that meant she wasn't in the Young Astronaut Program. 

"Sebastian R. Moran!" The man gestured to the boy who had spoken before. Sebastian smiled widely.

"Nabtastic F. Hawk!" A South Asian girl wearing a white spacesuit gave a calm nod towards the cameras. She had black hair and brown eyes. Nabtastic wore a white cap and a toolbelt. Despite her calm, chill demeanor, she radiated an aura of mischievousness to Azi. 

"Suniyah M. Aisley!" Suniyah smiled dreamily. They had blond hair with tints of orange in it, blue eyes, and fair skin. Two cat ears were on top of their head, as well as a DUM sticky note slapped on their forehead. They wore a coral spacesuit, but it was quite baggy for them because they were very slim. Azi thought that they didn't look like they exercised much. Suniyah hesitated then said to herself,"This is a big moment, Sunni! Get ready!" This earned her a few confusing glances, and some understanding.