Day of Lies

It was a Winter morning in Teddytown and Yogy was just waking up. He looked out the window and saw it had snowed overnight! Everything was peaceful and it looked like someone had dusted a very thick layer of icing sugar over the whole of teddy town. It was wonderful. He had to get out there and play in that wonderful snow! Quickly he got dressed and put on his snow boots and jacket. He was about to run out the door to get Rufus so they could go sledding when he was stopped by Lamby. "Where are you going? I need you to make the kids breakfasts." 

 "I-I need to go open Mcdonalds. We're having a special Sunday today. Didn't you know?" He answered, even though it was a lie. Mcdonalds wasn't open on Sundays. But one itsy bitsy lie wouldn't matter.

 "No, I didn't know. You know you're supposed to tell me this stuff." She was glaring daggers at him. "I have to go to the office, so call Jessica and tell her to babysit the kids." She paused, "And next time, tell me." She hurried off and Yogy sighed in relief. Good, she'd bought it. Now he could finally go get Rufus and they could go sledding down Hollowhill. 

Rufus and Yogy were soon walking on their way to Hollowhill. But on the way past Mcdonalds they saw a huge line outside. Rufus was confused and Yogy was horrified. One of his kids must have heard Lamby and his conversation and now word had got out and people thought they were having a special Sunday! He quickly told Rufus what had happened and that they had to think of a solution, and fast. Rufus said that he could sit on the sled and pretend he'd twisted his ankle. It was another lie but one more small one wouldn't matter, and they wouldn't want to disapoint all these kids by telling them that the Special Sunday was never gonna happen at all. So that's what they did. 

Soon enough they were on their way again to Hollowhill. When they got there they had a wonderful time sledding down the hill again and again and again. When it was getting dark and was time to leave to go home. Yogy said goodbye to Rufus and set off in the direction of home. When he got back a opened the door to a very angry Lamby. "Why didn't you call Jessica and what happened to your "Special Sunday"' She asked in a mocking voice.

 "Wha-what?!" Yogy said, horrified that she'd found out and wondering how she actually had. 

"You heard me." Lamby was very angry. 

"I-I Jessica-wasn't-avalible-and-nobody-came-to-the-special-sunday-so-we-closed-the-store!" Yogy said very very fast hoping with all his might that Lamby might buy it. Lamby was fuming now. 

"JESSICA WAS AVALIBLE AND THE KIDS CAME HOME IN TEARS BECAUSE THE SPECIAL SUNDAY DIDN'T HAPPEN, BECAUSE APPARENTLY RUFUS TWISTED HIS ANKLE, EXCEPT GIGGLES HAS JUST TOLD ME THAT THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN SO NOW YOU'RE BOTH ON RUBBISH DUTY FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK!" She yelled. Yogy grumbled and groaned. He hated picking up rubbish. Maybe it would have been better if he hadn't lied in the first place.